Mic not working

4klips

I have a headphone with mic attached to it. Yesterday it was working fine. But now its not working. I mean when I record with it and then listen to my own voice the voice seems to be broken. No one can understand what I am speaking on that mic. I use it while playing CS: GO.

So, is there any way to fix it?

Have you tried plugging it out and back in again? Tried a different port? Is it USB or dual 3,5mm? (try the rear inputs if so).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Have you tried plugging it out and back in again? Tried a different port? Is it USB or dual 3,5mm? (try the rear inputs if so).

I tried plugging it out and back again. I generally used the front port. But I also tried inserting in the rear port but still same result. And its a 3.5 mm jack.

5 minutes ago, 4klips said:

I tried plugging it out and back again. I generally used the front port. But I also tried inserting in the rear port but still same result. And its a 3.5 mm jack.

Could be that the mic is actually bad. Also try disabling any software effects set in Windows sound settings like noise cancellation, echo reduction etc. and set boost according to your needs, typically +20 works well enough.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Could be that the mic is actually bad. Also try disabling any software effects set in Windows sound settings like noise cancellation, echo reduction etc. and set boost according to your needs, typically +20 works well enough.

When I turn off noise cancellation there is a static buzzing sound and it still not able to transmit my voice well.

11 minutes ago, 4klips said:

When I turn off noise cancellation there is a static buzzing sound and it still not able to transmit my voice well.

Sounds like a broken mic.

Sometimes you think the headphone jack is all the way in but usually it goes even further into the port. Maybe this is a completely useless comment but have you actualy put it all the way in the port?

49 minutes ago, AbdulESL said:

Sometimes you think the headphone jack is all the way in but usually it goes even further into the port. Maybe this is a completely useless comment but have you actualy put it all the way in the port?

I tried it several times but same result.