GeForce Partner Program may be to blame for lack of Kaby Lake-G products

Nowak
5 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

There you go contradicting yourself with that language again. Maybe its your extremely loose use of words, idk.

Just now, Razor01 said:

They were old cards mocked up to be a newer card, all fake lol, its illegal to do so.

Many of the designs do not align perfectly with older cards from a physical standpoint, signaling that they are new designs from companies who did not have an existing design license or access to a reference board design.

The only "fake" thing about them is the BIOS and the listings.

So, where are they getting their bare chips from?

7 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

There you go contradicting yourself with that language again. Maybe its your extremely loose use of words, idk.

That isn't contradicting man, they are sold those GPU's based on a license agreement, THEY MUST USE THOSE GPU's in the expressed written consent of the license, otherwise they can get sued!

They don't own the GPU's they buy, my definition of ownership, is I can do what the hell I want to do with the product.  They don't have that rights of full ownership.  They have the rights that are given to them, and that is it.  IF they don't follow those rights, they are in trouble.  It is NOT their product for them to do as they wish.

7 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Many of the designs do not align perfectly with older cards from a physical standpoint, signaling that they are new designs from companies who did not have an existing design license or access to a reference board design.

The only "fake" thing about them is the BIOS and the listings.

So, where are they getting their bare chips from?

they rip them from older boards.  Look at the date of the GPU's see when they were manufactured.

These companies are doing that illegally, they are not allowed to sell those products.

Rip Thread.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Razor01 said:

That isn't contradicting man, they are sold those GPU's based on a license agreement, THEY MUST USE THOSE GPU's in the expressed written consent of the license, otherwise they can get sued!

They don't own the GPU's they buy, my definition of ownership, is I can do what the hell I want to do with the product.  They don't have that rights of full ownership.  They have the rights that are given to them, and that is it.  IF they don't follow those rights, they are in trouble.  It is NOT their product for them to do as they wish.

Oh, so not a single person in the entire united states owns anything at all by that definition.

Thats what i mean by loose use of words. 

4 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Oh, so not a single person in the entire united states owns anything at all by that definition.

Thats what i mean by loose use of words. 

They can't make modifications to a product and resell it in the open market place, they have no right to do so lol.  Its like that in any marketplace around the world, the AIB's don't own their products in the way you want them to own because they have strict guidelines on what they can and cannot due in making their products, it must conform to the rights given by the IHV.

You or I can't buy an Ipad, rip it apart and add things to it and sell it on the market or put it into another form factor and try to sell it, Apple will not let us do that.  We don't have the rights to do that.  They own the product as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

They can't make modifications to a product and resell it in the open market place, they have no right to do so lol.  Its like that in any marketplace around the world, the AIB's don't own their products in the way you want them to own because they have strict guidelines on what they can and cannot due in making their products, it must conform to the rights given by the IHV.

You or I can't buy an Ipad, rip it apart and add things to it and sell it on the market, Apple will not let us do that.  We don't have the rights to do that.  They own the product as a whole.

So you cant own an ipad, neither can apple since the u.s. government ultimately decides what they can and cant do here... 

Atleast with the language you used.

7 hours ago, Razor01 said:

they rip them from older boards.  Look at the date of the GPU's see when they were manufactured.

That does not make sense from a maximum profit perspective.

Also, the GPU dies are going to be old stock that is being cleared from inventory so that it doesnt have to be written down as a total loss on financial records.  This has to be done before a specific deadline, however far after the product was new.  Look at SEC regulations on these things.

Inventory dumping in China and other countries is a pretty common practice.

7 hours ago, Razor01 said:

You or I can't buy an Ipad, rip it apart and add things to it and sell it on the market or put it into another form factor and try to sell it, Apple will not let us do that.  We don't have the rights to do that.  They own the product as a whole.

This is also false.  You can absolutely modify a product and resell it.  How does Silicon Lottery work again?

There are also devices sold that contain other products all the time.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

That does not make sense from a maximum profit perspective.

Also, the GPU dies are going to be old stock that is being cleared from inventory so that it doesnt have to be written down as a total loss on financial records.  This has to be done before a specific deadline, however far after the product was new.  Look at SEC regulations on these things.

Inventory dumping in China and other countries is a pretty common practice.

Yes dumping for illegal knock offs is common in China duh

And silicone lottery is horrible they sell real products not faked lol

1 minute ago, Kamjam21xx said:

So you cant own an ipad, neither can apple since the u.s. government ultimately decides what they can and cant do here... 

Atleast with the language you used.

If the intended purpose of selling a product that introduces competition of the original product, there is no way Apple will let that happen or any other company will let that happen.

I already gave the example, if the AIB's "owned" the IP they made for their boards, vbios and what not, the IHV will no longer be able to sell licenses to other companies. Since they can just get the boards off of that AIB and that AIB can support them.  IHV's will not give up that right, they make money off of selling IP licenses and keep control of their products so they can properly support their products.

These AIB's can't support these products without IHV's, who is going to make drivers for them?