2700X - Wraith Prism LED Cooler V.S. H60 AIO ?

GamerVoice
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The H60 performs better--how much better will depend on which revision you have. The Prism is just a Wraith MAX with RGB which performs similarly to the 212 Evo. 

Streaming/Gaming PC Build

Should I use the Corsair H60 AIO I already have, or use the included Wraith Prism cooler on the 2700X?

Case - Fractal Design Meshify C
GPU - GTX 1070 Strix
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
CPU - Ryzen 2700X

Test both out, if you plan to overclock, overclock to what you will, and test both coolers to see what temps get to.  Then use the better performing one.  Either way, both will be good, so you could also use whichever you like the looks of better.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Just now, PCPartListsYT said:

this will answer your question.

I watched that video this morning; it's what got my wheels turning.
What do you think it suggests would be the better option?
( I'm leaning towards using the AMD Prism )

The H60 performs better--how much better will depend on which revision you have. The Prism is just a Wraith MAX with RGB which performs similarly to the 212 Evo. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

AIO is better than the stock cooler. Test different overclocks and see what cools the best. If you want the rgb, keep the stock cooler. If you want lower temperatures, the AIO will be best here.

hi.

Both Jayz and Joker Production observed in their tests that the 2700's stock cooler offers a 5 degree Celsius difference compared to a mid-range CPU cooler.

I'd be okay with the 2700's cooler if it weren't so damn noisy.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

What mount would I use for my H60? 
I think it came with these...
h60-021.jpg

I think it uses the clip over the plastic stock mount for amd. 

https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/corsair_releases_socket_am4_compatibility_info/1 <-- look here it should just use the same mount as am3/2 for the new ryzen chip since it just uses the stock mount plate from amd

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

42 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

I think it uses the clip over the plastic stock mount for amd. 

https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/corsair_releases_socket_am4_compatibility_info/1 <-- look here it should just use the same mount as am3/2 for the new ryzen chip since it just uses the stock mount plate from amd

Thanks man! This will be really helpful if/when I want to use the H60.
I think I'm going to try out the Wraith Prism and see how It performs for my use case, and if I'm not happy with it... i'll switch to the H60 with some good thermal paste. 

:)
Thanks everyone!