Cant go above 60hz without flickering with BenQ Zowie XL2411

BLHong

So I just got my new monitor (BenQ Zowie XL2411) and wanted to get it on a higher refresh rate. But as soon as I change the refresh rate to 120hz or 144hz my screen starts to flicker with red horizontal lines (video below).

I used the standard DVI-D dual link cable that was delivered with my monitor. My PC has an i5-7600k and MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI Gaming x 4G GPU, which as far as I know should be able to support 120hz and 144hz refresh rates.

Currently waiting for a displayport cable to be delivered as I figured it might be the cable that is at fault, but is there anything I can try in the meantime to see if I can fix the problem?

Video:

20180424_095425.mp420180424_095425.mp4

P.S srry for the shitty cam quality and turning around of my phone, couldn't get a good video otherwise.

switch to Displayport and try , some graphic cards cant handle by dvi i think

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

This might sound dumb, BUT I had the same problem, and my cable from the 5 dollar store was the culprit... I'm not proud with myself.

seems like a cable issue. if you have a spare DVI connector try that? otherwise just wait for the displayport

Dont have a spare laying around so im gonna have to wait for that displayport.

57 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

XL2411 doesn't have DisplayPort. That's why I don't recommend it.

Crap, you're right. What would you recommend me to do? Just get a different DVI cable?

Just tried with a different DVI cable, still the same problem. Guess I'll have to contact BenQ support for a different monitor then