Two audio problems, hardware or software?

I have the following two 'problems'. Hope you can help. (WIN10, 64 bits, new built PC, no audio card, Gigabyte MB)

1. Lately, I've been getting random messages from my audio manager (both Windows and Realtek). Suddenly it says: 'A new connector has been plugged', and a second later it says 'A connector has been desconnected'. But I have not plugged anything. Could it be a faulty front panel? Maybe shorted? I've checked MB and cables, and they are correctly plugged. Drivers are updated. If I plug headphones, they work. This bug happens randomly, and I cannot predict when this happens. 

2. Maybe this is a function rather than a bug, but when I press my key to lower volume, about 5 or 6 times in a row (each keystroke decreses 2 points in the volume), I start to decrease 10 points in the volume. This is  annoying because sometimes I need to lower just a bit, but because of the 'problem' sometimes I lower the volume tooo much. Any way I can deactivate this or solve the problem?

Thanks!

Your first issue is a software bug.

The second issue is how windows handles hardware volume buttons, think of it in a similar way to mouse acceleration, only there's no way to turn it off.

1 hour ago, anothertom said:

Your first issue is a software bug.

The second issue is how windows handles hardware volume buttons, think of it in a similar way to mouse acceleration, only there's no way to turn it off.

So if I uninstall the gigabyte software it will go 'back to normal'?

To deal with the first, you could try reinstalling the drivers to start with, or try disconnecting the font panel audio heard and just use the back panel jacks.

there is no solution to the second.