Photoshop 2018 running really slowly after Ryzen upgrade

I just upgraded to an R5 1600X on an ASUS B350-F from my old Xeon 1231v3 on an ASUS Z97-A. Everything seems to be fine for the most part, but when I went into Photoshop to start working on a sketch(I'm a digital artist with a Cintiq 13HD), my brushstrokes have started lagging and slowing down. I tried Googling the issue, but I can't seem to really find anything apart from someone on the Adobe forum saying to delete 2 folders from the Adobe AppData directory.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It makes no sense that one of my programs is running slower on a 6-core released last year compared to a 4-core from 2014.

Update: So, it just appears that Photoshop is lagging in general for some reason. When I go to open the Preferences menu, it takes almost 5 seconds to pop up. I'm in Lightroom now, trying to see if it shows similar issues, but as of right now, it doesn't appear to be(at least, not any more than it used to).

Edited by fireclaw316

Did you reinstall Windows when changing platform? While Win10 is known to be better with drivers, your jump is quite big. Fresh install is always recommended when doing platform change from AMD to Intel or other way around.

As for hardware, I'm not sure if thats even so big of upgrade it would make difference. But I also don't know how well Photoshop utilizes more cores/threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Did you reinstall Windows when changing platform? While Win10 is known to be better with drivers, your jump is quite big. Fresh install is always recommended when doing platform change from AMD to Intel or other way around.

As for hardware, I'm not sure if thats even so big of upgrade it would make difference. But I also don't know how well Photoshop utilizes more cores/threads.

I was literally thinking to do that exact thing. After playing around in Windows for a bit, it seems that Photoshop isn't the only thing that's lagging. I have a GTX 1070 STRIX, and I was getting well over 60FPS in GTA V before, but now I'm getting just above 50.

So, I guess I'm gonna make an image of my SSD and back it up to my HDD, refresh Windows, and see if that helps at all...

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

OK good news: I reinstalled Windows, installed Photoshop, and everything is running as buttery smooth as ever.

5 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

OK good news: I reinstalled Windows, installed Photoshop, and everything is running as buttery smooth as ever.

Good. Sadly this is still part of Windows being Windows.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv