CPU Cooler not fitting

bigsmiley2014

I bought a MSI gaming plus z370 and a cryorig m9I and the brackets won’t mount and I am extremely confused 

2 minutes ago, bigsmiley2014 said:

I bought a MSI gaming plus z370 and a cryorig m9I and the brackets won’t mount and I am extremely confused 

Wait why do you have a Z370 board with a 92mm cooler?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Do you have the proper AMD mounting brackets and hardware first? What problem are you having exactly post a photo of what your stuck on.

16_white-background_m9_1024.jpg

The screws won’t fit Into the brackets

You have the wrong mounting hardware that's for Intel, you need to square bracket as in the photo for AMD sockets. 

Sorry mixed up the board names, you should be installing those brackets first onto the board then the cooler ontop. 

Edited by W-L

1 minute ago, bigsmiley2014 said:

Backplate on top?

No the two metal brackets go on first and align as needed before the cooler bolts on top onto them. 

Backplate on top?

The backplate would not go on top no.

It should have included installation instructions for 1150/1155, 1151 is the same spacing.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

The video showed a cap or something before the screws where put in I don’t see those

3 minutes ago, bigsmiley2014 said:

I looked at the manual and it still isn’t working 

Take the cooler off, ensure all of the posts are stranding straight up, then mount the metal brackets, then put the cooler back down on top.

Probably don't actually need the caps they just hold those screws in place for mounting.

Spoiler

Follow the video linked above. Make sure to use the 115x holes in the mounting bracket and not the other two hole positions.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.