PC Building Simulator is NOTHING like real life!

I think this should be a channel super fun video rather than LTT. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Dennis is proof even asians can't always do quick maffs xD

I also love his work ethics 

I actually enjoyed the video, not even mad it's not on Channel superfun xD

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I wonder how much Evga paid the makers of this game for 1:14 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

is Dennis the company secretary? Seriously, he doesn't seem very technical and lacks primary school knowledge.

Dennis needs new glasses. Is vision coverage not offered by LTT?

:P

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

13 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

is Dennis the company secretary? Seriously, he doesn't seem very technical and lacks primary school knowledge.

SMH too. How does a guy this dumb qualify for a high-level work permit in the first place AND get any serious work done??? Nothing personal, just an observation.

All that aside, this simulator has NOTHING on a real build scenario where you have to deal with multiple cable lengths of the same cable, break out the Dremel for case modding and custom water loop installation. Kindergarten tech would be a better description.

Just now, Luscious said:

SMH too. How does a guy this dumb qualify for a high-level work permit in the first place AND get any serious work done??? Nothing personal, just an observation.

All that aside, this simulator has NOTHING on a real build scenario where you have to deal with multiple cable lengths of the same cable, break out the Dremel for case modding and custom water loop installation. Kindergarten tech would be a better description.

Most likely just an exaggerated act for comedic effect. Dennis is probably a pretty smart cookie in real life.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Does anyone know what their mouses are? They're absolutely gorgeous

14 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy CPUs on Amazon: http://geni.us/AZrwB

Can Dennis keep up with an experienced PC builder in a game focused around PC building?

Being someone who works in IT for a living this is so embarrassing for Dennis

The game isnt supposed to be realistic, it's only for fun. The game is just 1,5 months old, what are you expecting? Instead of supporting the game's development, you're just saying it's bad. 

It looks like a fun game. It also looks like they should do a special free/DLC option for building real rigs to compare and plan.

dennis in one gif:

GraciousActiveCoral-size_restricted.gif&

Not only do we have the privileged of LR posting, but we also see his secrey sneaked out Apple Care/Factory installation videos!

Is Linus using a Asus zephyrus M GM501 or the GX501?

17 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I think this should be a channel super fun video rather than LTT. 

I can see why some people think that, but there was a general tech theme in this video that could genuinely help many beginners. This could be very helpful for someone starting out and looking to learn the components of a PC and where they go along with other factors like compatibility. It provides that vital "do it yourself" part of learning to compliment the theory from watching someone else.

1 hour ago, Boris_191 said:

The game isnt supposed to be realistic, it's only for fun. The game is just 1,5 months old, what are you expecting? Instead of supporting the game's development, you're just saying it's bad. 

If they put the word simulator in the title then it should, by definition, attempt to simulate real life. This could still be fun but the main goal of a simulator is to be realistic, fun is a byproduct. Linus actually loosely recommended it at the end but made general informative criticisms through the video because it's not perfect. The click bait title is a little frustrating and unfair given the end recommendation.

17 hours ago, Ross Scarlet said:

dennis in one gif:

GraciousActiveCoral-size_restricted.gif&a

screams-internally-26310032.png

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

TBH, I sometimes feel like Dennis is my spirit animal.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

19 hours ago, Ross Scarlet said:

dennis in one gif:

GraciousActiveCoral-size_restricted.gif&

It took me about 5 minuites to realize what was wrong with this picture

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

I know a few editors who's utter rubbish in PC hardware but crazy godlike in Final Cut. Dennis's completely normal

Pretty much this,  In visual effects we are literally SURROUNDED by computers at all times but we have artists who really can't use a computer beyond the tools that they do amazing art work on.  But they aren't paid to be 'computer people' they are paid to be 'artists' there are other people to keep the computers cooking.  Take that and add on Dennis being much more of a 'behind the camera' and not 'in front of the camera' person and any nervousness that goes along with that and you'd get the results we see here.

Additionally I wonder if Dennis isn't big on games since he had trouble figuring out the navigation of the game itself, if he's not hugely experienced with actually playing games then those troubles are explained too.

My guess, as someone from the outside looking in, they picked Dennis to play opposite of Linus BECAUSE he really doesn't have the software/hardware experience that the PC Building Simulator target audience would have and the juxtaposition would be entertaining.

20 hours ago, Luscious said:

Everyone qualifies for high level permit in Canada lol

Well not everyone. Many people though. Vancouver is having an exceptionally tough time trying to find writers/cinematographers/editors/etc, so they get granted easily, afaik

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

My guess, as someone from the outside looking in, they picked Dennis to play opposite of Linus BECAUSE he really doesn't have the software/hardware experience that the PC Building Simulator target audience would have and the juxtaposition would be entertaining.

Challenge accepted.

20 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Most likely just an exaggerated act for comedic effect. Dennis is probably a pretty smart cookie in real life.

Most likely, I think he mainly does video recording/editing or something along those lines.

This video was painful to watch as a gamer and a PC builder :S Tho I find it very hard to believe Linus has never played a Sim game before of any type.

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Vancouver is having an exceptionally tough time trying to find writers/cinematographers/editors/etc, so they get granted easily, afaik

Toronto is full kind of them... no real excuse if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Toronto is full kind of them... no real excuse if that's the case.

From what I've heard some companies have started offering the 6 digit incomes for the peoples because they cannot the find

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.