Why people in USA/Canada argue with Police Officer when pooled over, or not comply with what been asked.

keavlar
15 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Not in my state at least

There may not be a specific law for it (although there usually is) but they can find other things to charge you with. If you feel you have a valid reason for not telling the police the truth, you are better off either invoking the fifth or requesting a lawyer before speaking, then shut up. Be aware that doing so is suspicious and may result in you being detained or, if already detained, detained even longer.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

18 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

snip

The only thing they can charge you with is obstruction of justice or perjury but in the case of a traffic stop neither apply, my state has no legal statue against lying to the police unless it is in writing such as filing a false police report. In cases where people were charged after lying to the police they were always charged due to having an open warrant or in the case of driving related laws for things like a suspended license. In other words these things would have been an issue regardless of the lying and ultimately did not affect the outcome.

Nothing you can say to the police can help you, so indeed it is best to tell them nothing but lying doesn't matter in my state.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 hours ago, keavlar said:

Any ideas?

Because many police officers are corrupt. I mean the police department of my city got raided by the state police and FBI twice. Would you trust them? The Chef of Police and his wife plus 5 officers are now in Federal Prison for corruption, Prostitution, and selling drugs. This is not a isolated incident. So many people dont trust the police. Plus many Police officers have been seen as abusing their power. Also, forget it if your a minority, you will probably be shot on site. 

On the other end of it, some of these people who get pulled over think their shit dont stink. That they dont have to follow the law, the law is just a suggestion. Truthfully the only time traffic laws are a suggestion is in Detroit, the Police will tell you not to stop at red lights, you just make sure its clear and go. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

I live in a pretty hick area.  They don't pull you over for being white and high, but if you're not white and high they will pull you over and shine a flashlight in your eyes for about 5 minutes then arrest you.

Exactly. Which is why people dont trust the law. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

beCaUSe I'M aN iNHabiTeNT oF pLAnEt eArTH aNd dO nOt HaVE tO anSwEr tO thEm!

Spoiler

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

/s

It's just that these dumb people record. Yes it is good to question authority, but you should always answer to them when they are doing something that is within their power.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Americans generally do not trust authority figures and many think their legal protections are greater than what they are, as a result the stupider members of our society will often create a more hazardous situation via said stupidity.

Also illegals not answering is the smarter response for them, you don't have to do and indeed have the right to remain silent.

I tell them that my tax money pays their salary and I can easily get them fired by telling the press they are beating me because of my race/religion/gender/ethnicity so fck off. 

It obviously will get me arrested anyway but the sastifcation lol. I usually can count on the judge to throw out whatever phony charges these morons might come up with :)

Sudo make me a sandwich 

The videos you see on youtube and the news are not even close to being an average interaction with police.

There is this video that explains this phenomenon (which, sadly, has been spreading since):

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Some cops are power hungry assholes, people are stupid. Those few incidents make for entertainun tv.

But a cop will pull you over for the smallest infraction, especially a tourist, just to write you a ticket.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I am a little jealous, is it a pool party or just a casual hang out having a couple beers? I couldn't see arguing with a cop at that point.

Well I dont know why people do what they do, I know why I tell police officers that they are pigs. Had one awhile ago on some ego trip go all the way around the block to stop me and he moaned and asked me why, then he puffed out his chest and tried to scare me, but they never do.