Why people in USA/Canada argue with Police Officer when pooled over, or not comply with what been asked.

keavlar

Greetings. 

I would like to know what is going on ?!

I mean, I see a lot video on the internet, when people pooled over by a police officer, and they do not comply with what been asked to do by police officers. 

They asked for your driver licence, insurance, so what is the big deal to do so. 

They ask a question like if you illegally in the country, or something else, why not answer. 

Why also resist when they asked you to step out of the vehicle?

And then be mad that they broke your window?

So I would like to know, anyone knows?  

Any ideas?

I mean, for real, I do not see so hard to do what you been asked, unless there is something about the civil rights.

I read as many articles as possible about the rights of the officer, and civilian that pooled over, and didn't see anything that would cause me, if I would be the same civilian that been pooled over, to not comply. 

Thx in advance. 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

11 minutes ago, keavlar said:

I would like to know what is going on ?!

I mean, I see a lot video on the internet, when people pooled over by a police officer, and they do not comply with what been asked to do by police officers. 

They asked for your driver licence, insurance, so what is the big deal to do so. 

They ask a question like if you illegally in the country, or something else, why not answer. 

Why also resist when they asked you to step out of the vehicle?

And then be mad that they broke your window?

Americans generally do not trust authority figures and many think their legal protections are greater than what they are, as a result the stupider members of our society will often create a more hazardous situation via said stupidity.

Also illegals not answering is the smarter response for them, you don't have to do and indeed have the right to remain silent.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Americans generally do not trust authority figures and many think their legal protections are greater than what they are, as a result the stupider members of our society will often create a more hazardous situation via said stupidity.

So it is BS, saying that the second you comply with COP you busted, even if you did nothing?! 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Yup

The general perception is that authority figures throw around more weight (and possibly are more aggressive) than they need to be to get the job done.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, keavlar said:

So it is BS, saying that the second you comply with COP you busted, even if you did nothing?! 

Well that depends, if said stupid people have drugs in their car and appear intoxicated then they will likely be busted, generally people just don't like cops, but complying doesn't lead to arrest unless their are contributing factors the rule of thumb is to answer questions but limit the info to need to know. For example lets say a cop asks you if you have any pistols in the car, and you have a shotgun, simply answer no.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yup

The general perception is that authority figures throw around more weight (and possibly are more aggressive) than they need to be to get the job done.

Glad to hear that. 

Wanted to know, in case I will go travel in USA or Canada, what should I do. xD

I am already ready for this kinda situation, and how to proceed.

Stop engine, hand on the wheel, and ask permission to every move you make, especially when wanna take something out from the pocket. 

xD

But I also think it kinda dangerous at the same time, in case its impersonating person. 

How would you know?

Is it ok to call 911 to check that ?! 

2 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Well that depends, if said stupid people have drugs in their car and appear intoxicated then they will likely be busted, generally people just don't like cops, but complying doesn't lead to arrest unless their are contributing factors the rule of thumb is to answer questions but limit the info to need to know. For example lets say a cop asks you if you have any pistols in the car, and you have a shotgun, simply answer no.

Wait.. 

So why shouldn't I say I have a shotgun? It's a weapon?!  

Well you have that whole thing were people see stories about cops abusing their powers such as a person who had their entire college savings taken by the cops under the guise of it being "drug money" using the wonderful law of Asset Forfeiture where your belongings are guilty until you fight to prove that whatever it is was not used or intended to be used for criminal dealings. In a vast majority of cases people can't afford to fight this and the cops just keep the money, cars, etc. and there are plenty of stories where they use it for their own personal gain.

Should you act like a moron because there are bad apples in the pool? No, but it does make people less willing to cooperate so easily when they believe they've done nothing wrong and are worried that the cops will either make up fake charges against them because of how they look or cause them harm or something of that nature. The whole "Cops are never wrong and are golden figures that shouldn't be touched" is completely crap as well. When you read about some of the abuses cops get away with then you really start to have a jaded look and when a community is constantly marginalized and criminalized for whatever reason then you start to have much larger problems that can't be solved by a simple "Just obey us if you don't have anything to hide" mentality.

There was a story recently of an off duty cop who plowed into a van going 90+ mph and a child was killed because of it. The mother, who was in the back of the van and holding the child in her lap, was taken into custody right away because the kid wasn't properly restrained while the cop was, and I quote, "given time to heal up in the hospital before being brought in for questioning".

I won't get into the whole bit about police stations buying military gear at a discount just because they have extra budget but I do want to say there are plenty of (ie mostly) good cops who do amazing things that are never reported on but there are also a lot of less than noble officers too, which just makes things so much more difficult :(

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, keavlar said:

But I also think it kinda dangerous at the same time, in case its impersonating person. 

How would you know?

If you don't think it's actually a cop. Ask for their badge number and name and also take note of  their license plate.

Just now, keavlar said:

Wait.. 

It might cause the situation to escalate.

If the officer asks you if you are carrying a weapon and you have a shotgun then obviously say yes and tell them where it is.

If you have a rifle and they ask if you have a pistol then say you don't. I have seen some people on Quora suggest that you make police aware of any guns you have but the wording of that has to be 100% spot on or it might make things worse.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Wait.. 

Simple the question was specifically did you have a pistol, the best response is always the most literal if he asked do you have any weapons and do so but its legal to do so it is best to answer yes, but giving as little additional info while still answering the question is the best response.

Now if you do have something illegal and are asked about that is when telling the truth is obviously a bad idea, you do have the right to avoid self incrimination anyway so its legally acceptable.

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Simple the question was specifically did you have a pistol, the best response is always the most literal if he asked do you have any weapons and do so but its legal to do so it is best to answer yes, but giving as little info while still answering the question is the best response.

Now if you do have something illegal and are asked about that is when telling the true is obviously a bad idea, you do have the right to avoid self incimination anyway so its legally acceptable.

What would you do in that case? Invoke the 5th?

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

If you have a rifle and they ask if you have a pistol then say you don't. I have seen some people on Quora suggest that you make police aware of any guns you have but the wording of that has to be 100% spot on or it might make things worse.

I read it somewhere too, but not sure I understand it correctly. 

So if they ask if you have a gun, and you don't, you say so, but at the same time, you warn them "I do have a registered shotgun or rifle"  - 

Is that correct?

No, you simply don't tell them lying to a police officer isn't really a crime you are not under oath so it is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, keavlar said:

I read it somewhere too, but not sure I understand it correctly. 

So if they ask if you have a gun, and you don't, you say so, but at the same time, you warn them "I do have a registered shotgun or rifle"  - 

Is that correct?

No, if they ask if you have a gun and you don't you simply say no, giving them unnecessary info makes them uneasy often times, answer the questions as they are asked and you'll be fine, extra info just makes them wonder "why is he telling me this"

2 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

No, if they ask if you have a gun and you don't you simply say no, giving them unnecessary info makes them uneasy often time, answer the questions as they are asked and you'll be fine, extra info just makes them wonder "why is he telling me this"

At the same time, I don't understand what so bad can be if I do provide the information.

In case he will ask to search my car, why should I stop him, I know I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing illegal in the car, so why not to inform, and save the trouble in future. 

This is what I want to understand. 

What mean Invoke the 5th?

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

Well you have that whole thing were people see stories about cops abusing their powers such as a person who had their entire college savings taken by the cops under the guise of it being "drug money" using the wonderful law of Asset Forfeiture where your belongings are guilty until you fight to prove that whatever it is was not used or intended to be used for criminal dealings. In a vast majority of cases people can't afford to fight this and the cops just keep the money, cars, etc. and there are plenty of stories where they use it for their own personal gain.

Should you act like a moron because there are bad apples in the pool? No, but it does make people less willing to cooperate so easily when they believe they've done nothing wrong and are worried that the cops will either make up fake charges against them because of how they look or cause them harm or something of that nature. The whole "Cops are never wrong and are golden figures that shouldn't be touched" is completely crap as well. When you read about some of the abuses cops get away with then you really start to have a jaded look and when a community is constantly marginalized and criminalized for whatever reason then you start to have much larger problems that can't be solved by a simple "Just obey us if you don't have anything to hide" mentality.

There was a story recently of an off duty cop who plowed into a van going 90+ mph and a child was killed because of it. The mother, who was in the back of the van and holding the child in her lap, was taken into custody right away because the kid wasn't properly restrained while the cop was, and I quote, "given time to heal up in the hospital before being brought in for questioning".

I won't get into the whole bit about police stations buying military gear at a discount just because they have extra budget but I do want to say there are plenty of (ie mostly) good cops who do amazing things that are never reported on but there are also a lot of less than noble officers too, which just makes things so much more difficult :(

Yeah, so I always thought that is the reason. 

The second officer stops you he or she will try to get your money, I am not sure how they can force you in getting a ticket. 

I think even if they do, you can always go to court. 

Especially if you have a dashcam recording all the way.

Isn't that right?

Should I be scared, as a tourist to be pulled over?! 

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

Yeah, so I always thought that is the reason. 

The second officer stops you he or she will try to get your money, I am not sure how they can force you in getting a ticket. 

I think even if they do, you can always go to court. 

Especially if you have a dashcam recording all the way.

Isn't that right?

If you're going there as a tourist I wouldn't be too worried. Don't act like an idiot or drive over the speed limit and you'll be fine for the most part. Keep a level head and 99.99% of the time you won't have anything to worry about :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

16 minutes ago, keavlar said:

At the same time, I don't understand what so bad can be if I do provide the information.

In case he will ask to search my car, why should I stop him, I know I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing illegal in the car, so why not to inform, and save the trouble in future. 

This is what I want to understand. 

Well its not necessarily bad its just not advised to make a cop nervous, see the issue comes down to this people are weary of cops and cops are weary of people in the US. The simple reason people are weary of cops is that they are a figure of authority and thus have power, cops are weary of people due to having to bury fellow officers in the past.

If you aren't doing anything illegal you'll be fine just don't act like the idiots you'll see in shows such as

Cops as those people often escalate a traffic ticket into fight or highspeed chase.

11 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Generally no, in fact cops are often a little more understanding to tourists with regards to traffic laws just don't drive too fast or intoxicated and you won't even be pulled over anyway

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If you're going there as a tourist I wouldn't be too worried. Don't act like an idiot or drive over the speed limit and you'll be fine for the most part. Keep a level head and 99.99% of the time you won't have anything to worry about :)

Yeah of course not.

And I asked not only in case someone goes as a tourist but if I to become a citizen. 

And also to know.

I most of time judge people that I see on the Internet. (When they are the wrong when I see all situation from the start)

LOL and the use of sentence "I do not consent"...

I mean, you been asked to step out of the vehicle .. Jesus dude, just do what you told! 

20 minutes ago, keavlar said:

What mean Invoke the 5th?

In the US and some other countries, suspects at trial have protections against self incrimination and perjury.

Pleading or invoking the 5th Amendment right is a way for the suspects to protect themselves against self incrimination and/or perjury. Perjury is a crime punishable by up to 2 years in jail.

In an ideal world, taking advantage of these protections should not result in unfair bias. But in countries outside of the US this does happen and now in the US this can happen.

In a landmark ruling in the US in 2013, in Salinas vs Texas,

prior to being arrested, an individual must specifically invoke the Fifth Amendment right to "remain silent", otherwise silence can be used against him or her in court.[84]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Self-incrimination

6 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Yeah of course not.

And I asked not only in case someone goes as a tourist but if I to become a citizen. 

And also to know.

I most of time judge people that I see on the Internet. (When they are the wrong when I see all situation from the start)

LOL and the use of sentence "I do not consent"...

I mean, you been asked to step out of the vehicle .. Jesus dude, just do what you told! 

Oh yeah, that reminds me. If an Officer asks to search your belongings, you, your house/area you're living in and/or your vehicle,  you should tell them that you do not consent to it.

They do not have the right to unless they have a warrant or probably cause. If they do have a warrant or probably cause, make sure to ask to supervise the search if they conduct one.

Because im america your more likely to be killed by a cop than a lot of things,which leads to a LOT of distrust,  Canada I donno

1 hour ago, keavlar said:

snip

Solely in regards to speeding, it's because (at least in the USA) they do not have speed cameras, all speeding tickets are issued on the spot by the cop and left to their digression. Thus, instead of getting a ticket with a picture of your car in the mail, you are incentivized argue about it (though, generally, getting the cop to like you is a better option).
Also, many people simply cannot afford any kind of ticket in the USA (do not mistake owning a car as being middle-class in the USA, cars are much more cheap to own there, unlike Europe), thus - again - are incentivized to try and get out of the ticket.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

26 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Because im america your more likely to be killed by a cop than a lot of things,which leads to a LOT of distrust,  Canada I donno

Uh, no.

• Heart disease: 633,842
• Cancer: 595,930
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 155,041
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 146,571
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 140,323
• Alzheimer’s disease: 110,561
• Diabetes: 79,535
• Influenza and pneumonia: 57,062
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 49,959
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 44,193

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

1 hour ago, keavlar said:

Glad to hear that. 

Wanted to know, in case I will go travel in USA or Canada, what should I do. xD

I am already ready for this kinda situation, and how to proceed.

Stop engine, hand on the wheel, and ask permission to every move you make, especially when wanna take something out from the pocket. 

xD

How would you know?

You can call the local dispatch office to verify.

If you do get pulled over, just do what the officer says.  Also, keep your hands in view at all times.

There some cops in my Guard unit and they sometimes wish people be trained a bit about how to respond to cops.  Pretty much, keep one's hands in full view and don't ever go to your belt line without first asking the cop to do so.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Uh, no.

snip

Yeah, in fact in most states a cop is more likely to die or be injured from a citizen than the inverse

Anyone else think the OP referring to those YouTube videos of the so called "sovereign citizens"?

Those people are in a completely different class of crazy... They want all the rights of an American citizen without the responsibility of following any laws.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 hour ago, AresKrieger said:

No, you simply don't tell them lying to a police officer isn't really a crime you are not under oath so it is irrelevant.

Actually, lying to a police officer is illegal.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!