158mm cooler

MaccaB
1 hour ago, dizmo said:

It only supports up to 158mm coolers. You can use smaller ones. The H7 is 148mm.

Since you already bought the other one though it should be fine. You can't overclock so you're not going to be making excessive heat at the CPU anyway.

True. Thanks for your help.

7 hours ago, MaccaB said:

But the frequency will drop if I undervolt i dont want that.

That's not true. And rather really undervolting, you need to set constant manual voltage. Like 1.2V.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, MaccaB said:

But the frequency will drop if I undervolt i dont want that.

No, that's underclocking. Undervolting is lowering the voltage.

10 hours ago, MaccaB said:

my i7 7700 has a temp of 73-78 degrees celsius is that fine? Thanks.

That's fine for load temps.

10 hours ago, MaccaB said:

I bought the 212x and some arctic paste. Im new to PC building are those good parts?

It's fine. You'll get lower temps compared to the stock cooler but you won't experience any difference in cpu performance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, that's underclocking. Undervolting is lowering the voltage.

That's fine for load temps.

It's fine. You'll get lower temps compared to the stock cooler but you won't experience any difference in cpu performance.

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That's not true. And rather really undervolting, you need to set constant manual voltage. Like 1.2V.

Thanks for replying! 

Temps are not stable using Intel Stock cooler. While playing Fortnite, temps reach 81-90 celsius.

I ordered cooler master 212x air cooler so i think temps will be great when i install the 212x.

The problem is if did any damage to my cpu. Thanks.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:17 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, it'll fit. The spec should already account for manufacturing tolerances. That being said, there might be a cheaper or better alternative available. 

What case and ram are you using? Where are you shopping / located? 

I ordered the 212x from amazon andi have a micro atx mobo (Asus h110), Corsair vengeance ram(2x4). So the fan will be the problem....

The 212x fan clips are switchable so that wont be a problem. and my case is a Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1

25 minutes ago, MaccaB said:

The problem is if did any damage to my cpu. Thanks.

No, your cpu should be fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.