No correct display option

Hex4lpha

I turned my pc on this afternoon and my resolution was completely different from what it was this morning. After doing some research i found out that my monitor.inf file was updated automatically when i booted up the pc and when i try to change the resolution there is no right option. I have tried setting up a custom resolution with Nvidia control panel but right after i select the display and hit "apply" the screen just flashes and it goes back to the same display it was. What I also did was reinstalling graphics drivers but it gave no results. Anyone got any ideas what could fix the problem?

Have you tried deleting the monitor from Windows' Device Manager? Maybe also delete Geforce Experience and DDU your graphics driver at the same time and then reboot and reinstall.

Does you mum know you're here?

14 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

Have you tried deleting the monitor from Windows' Device Manager? Maybe also delete Geforce Experience and DDU your graphics driver at the same time and then reboot and reinstall.

Deleted my monitor from device manager but that didnt help. Gonna try deleting the other two you suggested.

By the way forgot to mention that every time i restart the pc in the windows loading sreen it start off with the correct resolution, but after a few seconds the screen flashes and the resolution changes to the wrong one.

Maybe there's a windows program that causes it on the start up and i can somehow stop it from doing it?

11 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Try unplugging the monitor from power for a minute.

did that a couple of times