Weird tearing issue

superidot

So I have a dell s2417dg and as of recent any movement across the middle of the screen causes what looks like tearing.

The only thing I could think of was rolling back my gpu drivers.

update: problem was the connection but should I worry about the gpu being too heavy?

3 minutes ago, superidot said:

So I have a dell s2417dg and as of recent any movement across the middle of the screen causes what looks like tearing.

The only thing I could think of was rolling back my gpu drivers.

First of all check if the connection between the GPU and the monitor is well done. Then try to check if the GPU is placed properly in the PCI slot. If the issue still appears after a little hardware check then it might be a software related issue.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Alright tried that nothing. and I just tried to record it and im pretty sure it does not show up at all on the recording

When I say weird tearing I mean it looks like this very faint flicker that appears in the middle of the screen as a line

Hmmm so I went into pubg because I recalled the affect being more pronounced but it seems to have gone away in pubg only? I will try again to adjust the connection and ill see if it worsens or gets better

Well many thanks this fixed it, now should I be worried my gpu is too heavy? its in a reinforced slot but the 1080ti does sag. any other reason reseating the gpu fixed this?