Question about a caseless build

Go to solution Solved by braneopbru,
1 minute ago, Nebby said:

Hi, I'm building a PC however I'm without a case this time, for the time being, I want to know if setting my motherboard, along with my PSU and HDD on a cardboard box will short anything and ruin my whole system. I haven't plugged anything into the motherboard yet (power wise) in fear of frying it, so am I okay with just setting on a cardboard box?

-Thanks

Setting it on a cardboard box is generally the accepted way to test a motherboard before putting it in the case. You should be fine.

I have a build that I just mounted to an ikea $12 bamboo cutting board. I used the motherboard to mark out the locations for the stand-off, then just drilled a hole slightly larger than the thread of the brass standoffs. Used 5 minute epoxy to secure the stand offs and mounted the board. Still kicking after a year.

Hi, I'm building a PC however I'm without a case this time, for the time being, I want to know if setting my motherboard, along with my PSU and HDD on a cardboard box will short anything and ruin my whole system. I haven't plugged anything into the motherboard yet (power wise) in fear of frying it, so am I okay with just setting on a cardboard box?

-Thanks

1 minute ago, Nebby said:

-Thanks

Setting it on a cardboard box is generally the accepted way to test a motherboard before putting it in the case. You should be fine.

I have a build that I just mounted to an ikea $12 bamboo cutting board. I used the motherboard to mark out the locations for the stand-off, then just drilled a hole slightly larger than the thread of the brass standoffs. Used 5 minute epoxy to secure the stand offs and mounted the board. Still kicking after a year.