What is the best gaming mouse today? give me a list please!

Hello all, I was just interested to see if you guys could provide me with a list of gaming mouses you think would be best to buy today so I can go through and decide to finally buy a new one as the one I have now is dying slowly!

I know wireless is looked down upon, but I've been using a g602 for the past two years and its awesome. Its super comfortable for me (I play claw), and theres no latency issues at all. Plus the batteries last like ~5-6 months

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I'm using a Logitech G502 and I love it. Best mouse I've ever had.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

The thing about a gaming mouse is that a measurement of how good it is will be different from person to person. 

You might like one kind of a mouse, or one kind of design, and I might like another for my grip style, and neither of us would be wrong. It's one of those hugely preference based things.

For example, I'll talk about my own experience. When I first bought an "Ergonomically designed" Razer deathadder because it was highly recommended by the gaming community, it was fine, but over time it began to hurt my slightly bulkier hands because it just didn't suit my grip type. I had to try a bunch of mice(mouses?) over time and finally settled with my current mouse, the G502, which is just pefect for my grip style. It's not a big mouse, but it has weights and isn't specifically designed for palm grip users like I felt the Deathadder was.

It's all preference, really, and it's not good to buy based solely on recommendations from other people with their own individualized preferences, in my opinion, because in their situation a given mouse would be the right recommendation while the same mouse in your case would be a poor choice.

I'd just say, if you can, go into a store and try to hold and grip a bunch of different mice to see what fits you, or at least the grip style/design which is best and most comfortable for you and the games you play. Then go for macro key availability, RGB if you're into it, and ask for recommendations which meet those needs.

I have a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum and I love it. 

As @Canada EH said, you can't just rank mouses, everyone has different preferences. For example someone who has a big hand won't like the same mouse as a three year old does.

Go to a local shop that sells mice and test some of them out, you'll find something just right for you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

32 minutes ago, BioFlash said:

Hello all, I was just interested to see if you guys could provide me with a list of gaming mouses you think would be best to buy today so I can go through and decide to finally buy a new one as the one I have now is dying slowly!

The Razer Basilisk is the best FPS mouse, but the Razer Deathadder Elite has got to be the best all around.

Read this first ;-)

The Logitech G502 seems to be the overall best and most recommended but it all depends from person to person.

I have tried the G502 and there is a reason I will keep using my Deathadder, no matter how many people here around will say that Razer is an overpriced garbage. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Read this first ;-)

The Logitech G502 seems to be the overall best and most recommended but it all depends from person to person.

I have tried the G502 and there is a reason I will keep using my Deathadder, no matter how many people here around will say that Razer is an overpriced garbage. 

whats your reason to keep using the deathadder?

2 hours ago, BioFlash said:

whats your reason to keep using the deathadder?

Because it feels like it was custom made for my hand. I've tried the Logitech and few other mices but every time the thumb buttons were a bit awkward for me to click.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I have the steelseries rival 100 mouse. Its great for my big hand and with my grip it fits great. I would recommend that you go to a bestbuy, or some electronic store and test the mouse out for yourself. It really depends on how big your hand is, and the way you grip the mouse.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:32 PM, CyberFern0 said:

The Razer Basilisk is the best FPS mouse, but the Razer Deathadder Elite has got to be the best all around.

No. Razor in general is pretty bad. The deathadder elite is the only exception. The deathadder elite is not the best all around, although it is up there. The basilisk has pretty bad quality, and its weight makes it unsuitable for FPS games.