Better combo for gaming?

matus177

Hey guys!

So I was just thinking and I came up with this. I would like to know what do you guys  think would perform better in gaming. Just asking about these two nothing else.

1. Ryzen 5 1600x / Asus Rog Strix B350-F + GTX 1070

2. Intel i5-8600k / Asrock Z370 extreme4 + GTX 1060 6GB

I would take Ryzen and the 1070.

The 8600K will give you higher single-threaded performance, but paired with a more midrange GPU, you won't see as good performance as the 1070. The 1600x also has 6 more threads which helps a lot in multithreaded workloads, gaming or otherwise.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, matus177 said:

an R5 2600 + 1050ti

If you're only gaming at 1080p 60hz a 1050ti will be fine during the current GPU drought.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

46 minutes ago, matus177 said:

Hey guys!

So I was just thinking and I came up with this. I would like to know what do you guys  think would perform better in gaming. Just asking about these two nothing else.

1. Ryzen 5 1600x / Asus Rog Strix B350-F + GTX 1070

2. Intel i5-8600k / Asrock Z370 extreme4 + GTX 1060 6GB

1600x with the 1070 would be a lot better. 

(I know you're not asking but you'd be buying into last gen hardware. If you can, wait for Nvidias new GPUs this summer and get a Ryzen 2 chip. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck)

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

11 hours ago, Streetguru said:

an R5 2600 + 1050ti

If you're only gaming at 1080p 60hz a 1050ti will be fine during the current GPU drought.

Agree with the 1050ti. In my opinion people who are buildimg right now should buy that, wait for new gpu release, resell the 1050ti and go for whatever they need.

10 hours ago, Zeitec said:

1600x with the 1070 would be a lot better. 

(I know you're not asking but you'd be buying into last gen hardware. If you can, wait for Nvidias new GPUs this summer and get a Ryzen 2 chip. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck)

Do you guys think that 2600x is that better from last gen 1600x? I mean like if you look at price difference it is ~50€ (160 -> 210) but the performance boost is not that high (~10%). Plus you have to consider motherboard. Is the b350 chipset still good for new generation? Or would be better going with b450 (possible price increase).

8 hours ago, matus177 said:

Kyle from bitwit showed no major difference from X370 to X470, same is probably true for B350/B450, though we might get some better B450 VRMs this time around.

What's your budget/country and what are you using the PC for?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Kyle from bitwit showed no major difference from X370 to X470, same is probably true for B350/B450, though we might get some better B450 VRMs this time around.

What's your budget/country and what are you using the PC for?

Not building. I just had a thought so I asked. Ye, saw that video. This was originally posted in CPU's section.