EK FG Pre Built PC

The Benjamins

EK is now selling Pre Built PC's under the Fluid Gaming brand, with the FG kit pre installed. These looks like some awesome prebuilt PCs. They feature AMD's new Ryzen 2 CPU's, Nvidia 1000s GPU's in a lovely InWin 101 case.

A purebred liquid cooled PC, built only for one purpose. GAMING! Waste no time on fiddling with hardware and liquid cooling parts, and jump right into gaming! A true plug-and-play PC fitted with custom liquid cooling grade parts, allows maximum hardware exploitation and a low noise gaming environment.

UPDATE: I just notice when you go to buy you can customize the config to tailor it better or to save in some areas.

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/fluid-configurator-home

5ad8f5b67fe79_Priceingandspecs.PNG.150251315065c10211ba446e6292ef7b.PNG5ad8f5b65d8a0_Pictureofsystem.PNG.6bf8aac8ca1cf43ca08ab9babaae1149.PNG

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lz8Nq4

$1817.51 + $350 for EK cooling = $2137.51

so it cost about $600 more then a PC part picker config, but keep in mind that the system AND loop is built and tested. which I would say $300 for standard build cost + $300 more for custom loop.

Here are a few advantages, Things like colored coolant, fittings and cable mod cables do not cost extra. these also come with RGB fans that the kits normally don't. so in reality it is more like $500 labor fee, and you get the peace of mind of a 2 year warranty. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

yah these make even less sense to buy than most prebuilts tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, theninja35 said:

They're charging some wicked high prices for that, especially the highest end computer. I guess the consumer won't have to have any watercooling knowledge, but even then, it seems a little high.

I am making a PC part picker for the middle tier.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lz8Nq4

$1817.51 + $320 for EK cooling

While not bad computers those are very meh for the price. I think if they dropped prices to the point where it's competitive with building your own water-cooled rig then even with the (much) lower margins they would get a good boost to brand recognition and overall sales.

EK has started to face a lot of competition in the water block areas recently and I think they're trying to branch out because of it. They can't expect any sales with these prices though  

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Froody129 said:

While not bad computers those are very meh for the price. I think if they dropped prices to the point where it's competitive with building your own water-cooled rig then even with the (much) lower margins they would get a good boost to brand recognition and overall sales.

EK has started to face a lot of competition in the water block areas recently and I think they're trying to branch out because of it. They can't expect any sales with these prices though  

I don't think they are that crazy, its $600 for the labor which keep in mind its a custom loop sounds reasonable to me.

22 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Here are a few advantages, Things like colored coolant, fittings and cable mod cables do not cost extra. these also come with RGB fans that the kits normally don't. so in reality it is more like $500 labor fee, and you get the peace of mind of a 2 year warranty. 

Those prices are a definite turn off. Cut $300-500 off of those prices and then it might seem reasonable.

Also, there's really no need for the base option to have a 960 EVO at all. They should have just gone down to an 860 EVO and cut the price.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

I don't think they are that crazy, its $600 for the labor which keep in mind its a custom loop sounds reasonable to me.

It's not custom, anyone can buy the kit and EK provides installation tutorials on Youtube. There's no way that's $600 worth of labor.

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

6 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

It's not custom, anyone can buy the kit and EK provides installation tutorials on Youtube. There's no way that's $600 worth of labor.

Nobody means custom machined loop components when they say custom loop, simply a loop that is put together by one's self. You're being overly pedantic for zero reason.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

what lol. Do you just like saying that? It's one sentence and it's literally the only subject of the post I quoted. 

You were arguing that it wasn't custom based off of the definition of custom (or at least that is what it looked like). It seemed liked a moot point to me so I called it out. Simple as that.

Regardless I think there are good number of people out there that would like to have a custom loop but are too scared or too nervous to put one together themselves. I think this is a reasonable price for what it is. I'm not familiar with other builders out there that do custom loops other than Digital Storm and their PCs are a lot more expensive.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

19 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

It's not custom, you can buy the kit yourself and they provide installation tutorials on Youtube. There's no way that's $600 worth of labor.

Custom means open loop, this that is what it is.

also out of the $500 (its not $600 I forgot a few things) after employee cost, over head, ect EK probable only makes $200 per machine (give or take $100)

Most system builder charge around $300 to build a normal system, one that does not require dissemble of GPUs and leak testing.

2000 dollars for a 1060 build? WTH

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

2000 dollars for a 1060 build? WTH

for 69 more you can put in a 1070.

as for pricing it is $500 over part pricing, but you get a fully built system, with a open loop pre installed and tested, plus a 2 year warranty. 

It's actually not as expensive as it might seem . I did a small experiment and switched around a few parts in their configurator

I ended up with a 2600 , x470 board and 1070ti build for ~2000 euro , which should probably translate to ~2000$ ( if somebody can replicate this on the us site )

ek.JPG.676dad4ee51f1e26b1d502a35dea8e77.JPG

I then tried to make a comparable build on pcp , and got around 1600$

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4rvBZR
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4rvBZR/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.97 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($140.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($179.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB ARMOR Video Card  ($564.78 @ OutletPC)
Case: Inwin - 101C Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.54 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1602.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-20 14:12 EDT-0400

Which in turn means your paying roughly 400$ for the loop and build , which is a far cry from the 600$ surcharge on the listed builds ...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

22 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

It's actually not as expensive as it might seem . I did a small experiment and switched around a few parts in their configurator

I ended up with a 2600 , x470 board and 1070ti build for ~2000 euro , which should probably translate to ~2000$ ( if somebody can replicate this on the us site )

ek.JPG.676dad4ee51f1e26b1d502a35dea8e77.JPG

I then tried to make a comparable build on pcp , and got around 1600$

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4rvBZR
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4rvBZR/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.97 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($140.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($179.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB ARMOR Video Card  ($564.78 @ OutletPC)
Case: Inwin - 101C Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.54 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1602.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-20 14:12 EDT-0400

Which in turn means your paying roughly 400$ for the loop and build , which is a far cry from the 600$ surcharge on the listed builds ...

The loop cost $360~ (well if you picked the color of the fittings and fluid and wanted RGB fans it would be more roughly ~60 more)

with your build it is $2000~ for just parts, when EK charges $2557.82

I get it, custom loop means extra money, but they start at a 1060. A 1060 does not need a waterblock. Even a blower model is dang near silent, they just don't get that hot. 

Besides that, this is weird. Anyone that buys a pre-built doesn't know how to build and typically wants to spend as little as possible so these are ruled out. Anyone that wants an open loop 9/10 times already knows how to build and will want to do it themselves. Open loops are niche, and it's not a crowd that wants to pay someone to do it for them. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

16 hours ago, 2FA said:

You were arguing that it wasn't custom based off of the definition of custom (or at least that is what it looked like). It seemed liked a moot point to me so I called it out. Simple as that.

Regardless I think there are good number of people out there that would like to have a custom loop but are too scared or too nervous to put one together themselves. I think this is a reasonable price for what it is. I'm not familiar with other builders out there that do custom loops other than Digital Storm and their PCs are a lot more expensive.

I would not have considered that a "custom" loop, because I've always thought of them as being "custom", or being unique from other builds. But my main point was that it's definitely not worth $600 of labor, because, while I guess you could consider it "custom", it's really just a kit that anyone can buy and put together by following the tutorials.