Toilet paper to clean inside the pc. Now its full of small paper particles.

1 minute ago, Mutoh said:

Toilet paper isn't really a good choice for cleaning PCs for that exact reason. If I were you, I'd clean it again and get rid of that crud. 

I dont have anything else to clean with. Would it be any different from normal dust

I mean, it's probably not going to damage anything if that's what you're asking. 

1 minute ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

I dont have anything else to clean with. Would it be any different from normal dust

How about compressed air, but if you can't get that microfibre cloths should be okay (feel free to correct me)

10 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

I mean, it's probably not going to damage anything if that's what you're asking. 

Yeah it is. Is it not the same as normal dust?

1 hour ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Can this damage anything?

no it won't

Clean it up as best as you can with a vaccum cleaner, or better, compressed air. Make sure the PC is off and unplugged from the wall.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

no it won't

Clean it up as best as you can with a vaccum cleaner, or better, compressed air. Make sure the PC is off and unplugged from the wall.

Unless there was like A LOT, it could clog up fan grilles/filters but you'd need to have confetti levels of the stuff in your case. o.O

No it wont.  Best use water to make sure you get it all out. (i'm completely kidding do not do this!)

I might recommend getting a datavac they are good quality electric blowers won't waste money on disposable compressed air and you can use them safely to blow out the most caked on dust on anything.

paper in insulator, so that crap won't affect your pc but it can reduce the cooling performance of your cooler if those bits get stuck in the cpu cooler for example.

Get some wet paper towels (those handkerchiefs or stuff used to clean glasses) or just dab some paper towel in regular water and wipe the surfaces and then leave the pc for a bit of time to dry

You are supposed to use paper for smooth surfaces and cleaning TIM. It rips with anything sharp. Unless you have this quality stuff with 3 layers. If I need to use it inside PC, I fold piece few times to make it stronger and discard at first sign of rip.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

I needed to clean something inside my pc, so I used toilet paper. Now my pc is filled with dust sized particles of toilet paper. Can this damage anything?

You should have used Charmin TP, its the best!

Just buy a $10 air can and blow it all off.

My wife only buys Charmin TP.

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You are supposed to use paper for smooth surfaces and cleaning TIM. It rips with anything sharp. Unless you have this quality stuff with 3 layers. If I need to use it inside PC, I fold piece few times to make it stronger and discard at first sign of rip.

But do you think anything could have gotten damaged?

Just now, DeagleMaster69 said:

It is non conductive, so just leave the little bits of TP there it should be fine.

5 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

If its dust-sized, no. It will eventually be caught into something like heavy dust. And you can wipe it like other heavy dust.

Btw, for all who don't have access to canned air or air compressors, a bicycle pump is also great and cheap way to blow dust. If you get one with hose, even better. Or something to make air more directed. Like adapter for air mattress.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If its dust-sized, no. It will eventually be caught into something like heavy dust. And you can wipe it like other heavy dust.

Btw, for all who don't have access to canned air or air compressors, a bicycle pump is also great and cheap way to blow dust. If you get one with hose, even better. Or something to make air more directed. Like adapter for air mattress.

Ok. The only thing that was bigger than a dust corn was a pize that wad as big as half a rice grain that fell behind the mobo. Could this damage anything?

1 minute ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Ok. The only thing that was bigger than a dust corn was a pize that wad as big as half a rice grain that fell behind the mobo. Could this damage anything?

If it's non-conductive, then no.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If it's non-conductive, then no.

It's normal toilet paper

3 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

Only if it catches fire somehow. But don't worry, you'd need spark for that. There isn't any open surface that would heat enough to cause flames. Or actually there is, inside PSU. But still highly unlikely.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Only if it catches fire somehow. But don't worry, you'd need spark for that. There isn't any open surface that would heat enough to cause flames. Or actually there is, inside PSU. But still highly unlikely.

My psu intake is fasing down so that should be a problem. But just to be sure, whst would happen if it dit?

42 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

My psu intake is fasing down so that should be a problem. But just to be sure, whst would happen if it dit?

Nothing. If it's a small piece and in the very very very very very small possibility it caughr fire from something in the PSU, it would vanish pretty much instantly and have no affect of any of the components. If it's a big was sure it will burn for a while...but just get a can of compressed air and blow it out its the solution to every question you've asked

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Next time have some heavy duty paper towel that auto repair people use, its brilliant stuff, I buy the blue stuff and it holds up well.

7 hours ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

You'd smell burning. And that's it. Too little stuff to even get flames. If you ever try to start fire, you understand why amount of material is key for keeping flame alive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv