Air Conditioning in a vr headset

Hi all

this is mainly going to be a theory forum post, i would of put it on the vr section of the LTT forums but there isn't one...

oh well!

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i don't own a vr headset (otherwise i would of just tested it myself) and this is a theory, if you decide to void your warentry of your vr headset that is your problem and not mine!

anyways, i started thinking about this when i was looking at vr headsets, the area around your nose and eyes would sweat a lot if you lived somewhere hot and/or humid even with the breathable foam you get with some vr headsets

so that made me think... would it be possible to install an air con in one?

the worlds smallest commercial air con is still to big to be on a humans head, but creating one small enough could be possible...

all you would need to know is how to make one and install it into a vr headset

the air flow could be like this as show below:

Lens-2-800x600.jpg.b30bc03d606110a90cd9ac7b0947f46b.jpg

it would have to be done in a way that external light couldn't get into there and still have enough air flow

the air con unit could be powered off a USB port on the vr headset itself (i think some have one) if enough amps was suplyed , also a fan needs to be there, their are a lot of small fans so this won't be an issue

what is the issue is building a air con small and light enough that it could be on a vr headset (not in, there probably not enough space in them for a air con unit, probably enough space for a small fan) and how to mount it on there

again this is mainly a theory post, people can talk about it with me and if it gets enough attention maybe the LTT team might make a video on how to do this yourself

now that would be "cool"

i'm so sorry for my joke, i will now leave the room with the door and windows open....

Edited by Salv8 (sam)
forgot to mention i had no vr headset

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

If you a-sweatin, get-a-steppin (youre playing it too long bruh)

Seriously though; a 20mm fan would be more than enough. You could just put it on top and have a duct that than leads into rubber tube of some sort. Maybe even 3dprint a mount.

I think the AC thing would be too heavy

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

3 minutes ago, BeefyMeats said:

Seriously though; a 20mm fan would be more than enough. You could just put it on top and have a duct that than leads into rubber tube of some sort. Maybe even 3dprint a mount.

not going to help that much if the air around you is hot (i know what that is like, thanks Australian summers for cooking my roast just by leaving it outside)

4 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

I think the AC thing would be too heavy

that is true, that is why i talking a custom one, in theory it could be lighter than a normal one, yea the headset would be a bit heavier but it could be worth it...

9 minutes ago, BeefyMeats said:

forgot to mention i don't have one, i'm just speculating if it's possible and creating a discussion around this speculation as others could take the info here and turn it into a guide or something

35 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

Instead of installing fans, air conditioner unit near you and place some tubes in the VR Set or any other ideas you could simply replace that pad that's similar to leather with one made of perforated material that lets your skin breath. Some of us have the same issues with our headsets. As an example I am using a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset with similar pads with the one that's on the VR Set and during a long session of gaming I find my ears all sweaty and a friend of mind that has some other version of HyperX Cloud that comes with an extra pad(one made of some textile material with some tiny holes in it) has no problems with the sweat. 

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card <<