Linus Getting Crticized on Another Forum

Lady Fitzgerald

Check out this post over on OCN. They have a few Linus haters over there.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/1684521-linus-tech-tips-airflow.html

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Okay? He has a lot of haters here too funny enough.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

A: Comedy is okay but their review testing is so biased it's beyond funny.

B: Can you give a few examples of biased reviews?

A: I'm not wasting time even looking at their reviews.

LOL

The one poster is a tool IMO. There are always those that takes things too literally...

One thing that is funny, is on a forum a user states this:

While his channel is basically clickbait and commercials now it's a business.

Exactly, it's a business using click bait to grab market share .. pure and simple.

While at the bottom of their forum is this:

OCNet.thumb.png.359cbd7ff81791ac34c48b0efb4d2e8a.png

Seriously, SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.... I'll take LTT anyday that I don't get blasted with this shit...

7 hours ago, Zeddex said:

Looks like the news outlets are starting to talk about the iMac pro video. Maybe it will help get the word out about apples shoddy practices. 

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/04/18/apple-refusing-to-fix-youtubers-imac-pro-claims-low-on-facts-light-on-details

11 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

http://www.overclock.net/forum/246-air-cooling/1684521-linus-tech-tips-airflow.html

It seams he is catching a ton of flak right now, on both appleinsider.com and overclock.net.Well I guess that is the downside of being influential.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

While his channel is basically clickbait and commercials now it's a business.

yeah it is.....

people are not smart

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

It seams he is catching a ton of flak right now, on both appleinsider.com and overclock.net.Well I guess that is the downside of being influential.

OCN... It's a video from last year. And this was a great video. Much better than Blowy Mc Blowytron. Haters will hate.. But generally, if they take offense and sling hate, they have something to fear...

Added: Plus all of the ranting and banter about "how I could do it better"... Either shit or get off the pot. It's like being successful and talking to someone who isn't.. Well, I was going to do the same career/life path you did, but I didn't because of this reason or that reason..... Totally irrelevant one sided conversation/argument. I joined OCN for their NXZT Club, but found their user base to be... too.... well, they don't seem to have much personality and don't interact the same way as the community here.

19 minutes ago, 2FA said:

Okay? He has a lot of haters here too funny enough.

Doesn't change the fact that he does his best to entertain and educate his viewers, even if he has a few biases, I have learned a ton about computers from him. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

5 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

[...] But generally, if they take offense and sling hate, they have something to fear...

Not to get into who if anyone is "right" in all of this, but in general I've always found that to be a ridiculous statement.  There are plenty of times when there are perfectly valid reasons to dislike something, or someone.  I don't know where this notion that "any hate is just a mask for jealousy" or something like that came from but it's totally silly in my opinion. 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Doesn't change the fact that he does his best to entertain and educate his viewers, even if he has a few biases, I have learned a ton about computers from him. I just am going to stick to this.

Image result for haters going to hate gif

You do realize that GIF is literally what my post was about right? Like big deal, people are always hating.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

2 minutes ago, 2FA said:

You do realize that GIF is literally what my post was about right? Like big deal, people are always hating.

Oh sorry!!!!

I actually took the gif out....

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Oh sorry!!!!

I actually took the photo out....

No worries.

I'm too fast :ph34r:

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not to get into who if anyone is "right" in all of this, but in general I've always found that to be a ridiculous statement.  There are plenty of times when there are perfectly valid reasons to dislike something, or someone.  I don't know where this notion that "any hate is just a mask for jealousy" or something like that came from but it's totally silly in my opinion. 

Not saying it's a mask of jealousy. But when you go on a rant, but don't really seem to have the ability to articulate any legitimate reasons without constantly backtracking, your argument becomes self defeating. So then the reason for the continual stance cannot be logically and factually bound to the initial claim, so there must be something else.

Example: Hate on Linus for a video where he said something to the effect of using pull method on radiators to reduce dust... (No reference to said video). Then, several users post about using the pull method and it being quieter and successful with no issues... Then use the statement of "well, I didn't say ALL cases", and use that as an escape to deflect. Pointless argument made for the sake of making an argument.

So yes, I agree with your statement, and I think I could've done a better job at articulating that I view that kind of behavior to be very bigoted, and in my eyes, when you cannot keep your argument logically sound, there must be another reason to argue rather than making a correct and factual point/statement.

1 minute ago, 2FA said:

No worries.

I'm too fast :ph34r:

OK thanks! :)

OCN is full of haters of Linus. Most of them don't have the intelligence we all have though.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

[snip]

With regard to the fan things, I remember that video and I remember that seeming like sound reasoning from Linus, about the dust at least.  But, also, having studied and worked in relevant fields, I agree that putting the fan to pull through a radiator is definitely sub-optimal.  In general, you always want to use a compressor/pump/fan/etc. to push through a high resistance / high pressure drop area, rather than try to pull.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, xriqn said:

OCN is full of haters of Linus. Most of them don't have the intelligence we all have though.

Yeah... still need to learn binary... 

31 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Shots fired over at PatentlyApple.com:

Update 5:30 pm MST: Since our report VentureBeat covered the video and noted that Linus may be in luck, politically speaking. The report noted that "Canadian MP Brian Masse and a group of concerned legislators forced Apple to testify last month on device repair issues, following the international iPhone battery/performance debacle. Masse and his fellow MPs expressed strong concerns that Canadian customers might be treated less reasonably than Americans when seeking remedies for their failing Apple products. If anything, this situation has the potential to further upset the Canadian legislators, though it’s worth noting that Apple has sometimes fanned the flames with international customers rather than trying to extinguish them, explicitly daring them to sue the company. Hopefully that won’t be necessary in this case."

Apple fans always enjoy the tear-downs from iFixit and they're behind the "Right to Repair" movement. The shop in Canada that might be able to help Mr. Sebastian can't because they could lose their certification. So this is why the right to repair movement is growing.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2018/04/black-eye-for-apple-canadas-popular-host-of-linus-tech-tips-posts-his-latest-video-titled-apple-refused-to-fix-our-imac-pr.html

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yeah... still need to learn binary... 

Beautiful reference to my sig there ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

With regard to the fan things, I remember that video and I remember that seeming like sound reasoning from Linus, about the dust at least.  But, also, having studied and worked in relevant fields, I agree that putting the fan to pull through a radiator is definitely sub-optimal.  In general, you always want to use a compressor/pump/fan/etc. to push through a high resistance / high pressure drop area, rather than try to pull.

Oh, I agree that you probably get a better effect with pressure when pushing. I don't recall the video, but if you remember which one it is, I'd definitely be happy to check it out.

Now, if only this could be incorporated into PC Simulator....

1 minute ago, xriqn said:

Beautiful reference to my sig there ;)

Totally! It wouldn't be any fun otherwise plus I still need/want to learn binary. 

Oh, I agree that you probably get a better effect with pressure when pushing. I don't recall the video, but if you remember which one it is, I'd definitely be happy to check it out.

Now, if only this could be incorporated into PC Simulator....

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Which video was this again?

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Totally! It wouldn't be any fun otherwise plus I still need/want to learn binary. 

It's relatively easy, what country you from? If you're from the UK, GCSE spec for computer science only needs you to know up to 8 bit which is easy af (max value for 8 bit is 255)

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Which video was this again?

Yeah I asked a moment too late...