Good monitor for Digital art for under or around $200?

Arron

Hello!

So I’m building my first desk top that I intend to use for digital art and some gaming too so I want to have a monitor that is the best I can get for around $200 (although I could go a bit higher if need be). Things I’m looking for are sRGB/AdobeRGB range, color gamut, contrast ratio, response time, and refresh rate, also i might want a displayport. I’m primarliy looking for something more focused towards digital art as I could (and most likely will) get a second monitor specifically meant for games. Not looking for anything AMAZING as I’m not in the price range for anything top of the line.

I’ve included what I’ve been looking at below. Also I’m extremely new to all this so please excuse me if somethings i’ve said sound a bit like a 50 y/o who can’t figure out how to work their windows machine. Any help is greatly appreciated.20CE90C5-B7D7-4BA1-A294-64D7907C5E46.thumb.png.5cdee0c0c5ec88922e806efb7c4f72fa.pngEE7F1B6C-CD63-44D7-98E0-27BE5F136420.thumb.png.ff4058fe58f37cfc33c99bf8f45a38b2.png44ED166A-A60A-4348-AFDC-D6C6CE27986F.thumb.png.3bd47d2e9201f03dfdce8588198ab779.png10EE655D-B5A1-4E4C-A1F5-BFF235E8021F.thumb.png.9905053c423026cf01dfcca433ad8d2b.pngDD11E6CA-50B2-45B6-B1CD-3A29F33EFC96.thumb.png.33c348796cb10bb66af9ede79e70e353.png

I like the Dell SE2717HR, fits right in with the others in price and is a 1080p IPS panel, but the really nice thing about it is that the display is 27" instead of just 24. It only has VGA and HDMI though, which may be a problem for some people.

Honestly, everything looks amazing on this display.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

19 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I like the Dell SE2717HR, fits right in with the others in price and is a 1080p IPS panel, but the really nice thing about it is that the display is 27" instead of just 24. It only has VGA and HDMI though, which may be a problem for some people.

Oh... sorry, I should’ve also mentioned that I’m really only looking for 24 inch. A 27 inch is just too big for my desk. If I had a 27 inch, then I wouldn’t have anymore room for another monitor. @Crunchy Dragon

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I have the S2715H as my secondary monitor, it is great.

36 minutes ago, Arron said:

Just grab whatever IPS monitor has 99% of SRGB

But what's the budget for your build and what's the current build?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

12 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just grab whatever IPS monitor has 99% of SRGB

But what's the budget for your build and what's the current build?

The  entire build is gonna come to about 1500. I have it all already except the monitor and cpu. I’m currently on an Asus laptop (MROJ7U2). I don’t neccessarily need a monitor that’s meant for gaming but it’s just something that would be nice.

37 minutes ago, Arron said:

The  entire build is gonna come to about 1500. I have it all already except the monitor and cpu. I’m currently on an Asus laptop (MROJ7U2). I don’t neccessarily need a monitor that’s meant for gaming but it’s just something that would be nice.

Sounds like you could have easily fit in a solid 4k IPS display, not to mention there's ryzen 2 coming out tomorrow, might want to return that motherboard, dunno what it is though.

Just grab this 1080p 75Hz IPS display, has 99% sRGB
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Dnbkcf/lg-24mp59g-p-238-1920x1080-75hz-monitor-24mp59g-p

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Could i support a 4k and a 1080p screen with a gtx 1050ti? I'm gonna have some pretty large files on screen and i'm not sure if my computer could handle it with that level of display going. Also what about a 2k monitor?

23 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Sounds like you could have easily fit in a solid 4k IPS display, not to mention there's ryzen 2 coming out tomorrow, might want to return that motherboard, dunno what it is though.

Just grab this 1080p 75Hz IPS display, has 99% sRGB
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Dnbkcf/lg-24mp59g-p-238-1920x1080-75hz-monitor-24mp59g-p

Ryzen 2 is not much better than Ryzen 1. At this point, AMD and Intel might as well team up to never make a new platform again. That way, they can get same amount of money and no R&D costs!

8 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Ryzen 2 is not much better than Ryzen 1. At this point, AMD and Intel might as well team up to never make a new platform again. That way, they can get same amount of money and no R&D costs!

Yeah... not much of a difference except slightly better performance with more power draw and worse thermals. At least Ryzen 1 prices will go down now that Ryzen 2 is out... soon? maybe?