NordVPN vs Private Internet Access

Can anyone further elaborate why someone should pick PIA over NordVPN and vice versa? Since PIA is based in the USA and Nordvpn is based in Panama I am wondering if NordVPN is the safer choice. I would assume both would do a fairly good job at encrypting the websites and data from ISPs.  

I would recommend that you look into the privacy policy of each company to better make your decision. Mostly the partt about what internet laws they are required to submit to. If they don't have a physical office in America, then they should be free from the internet laws that govern here and only be subject to internet laws in panama.

If you're absolutely worried about the US data collection, go with NordVPN. Panama doesn't have any data sharing agreements or really anything like that with the US.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I have been trying PIA the past few days and my biggest problem so far is the program taking ages to load or not at all from startup. Anyone have any experience with NordVPN? 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Bison said:

I have been trying PIA the past few days and my biggest problem so far is the program taking ages to load or not at all from startup. Anyone have any experience with NordVPN? 

It sounds like you have some other problem going on. PIA starts instantly for me.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

9 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It sounds like you have some other problem going on. PIA starts instantly for me.

Have you used it on a mac?  I've heard reports that it disables the firewall when you turn it on.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Have you used it on a mac? 

I've heard reports that it disables the firewall when you turn it on.

Yes, and the firewall is still on (at least it says it's still on). I am however still on El Capitan.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Had no stability or startup problems with Nord so far (Windows, Android, Linux) but download speeds are anywhere from 50-80% slower than when it's off. How are your connection speeds with PIA?

Speed from PIA is good 80% of the time. Get about 70%-85% of my connection through them. Just cant work out the startup problems I am having.

Another important thing (to some people) is NordVPN will let you use Netflix but PIA will not

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Another important thing (to some people) is NordVPN will let you use Netflix but PIA will not

PIA works with Netflix if you're on a US server, at least it does for me.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

PIA works with Netflix if you're on a US server, at least it does for me.

As in, if you're already in the US, like connecting from there?  Well, I guess that's not too surprising.  The idea was that you can't use it to get around region blocks which is the whole point though :P

Any other NordVPN users out there that can share their experience with it and same with Private Internet Access?