Rate the photo I took between 1-10

Hey guys I have a photo that I took when we were on a school trip i 2017 BTW pic was taken on Sony cybershot dsc-w610 9_9

DSC00326.JPG

It's kind of a basic photo, and you could have gotten a better angle, such as pointing the camera up and closer to the butterflies while having more of the sky in it. I'll give it a 4.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

3. Too much green in the photo. I'd try to zoom in more to give focus on the subject. However don't let criticism discourage you, keep on shootin' and practice practice practice!

Yeah, same as the people above, I was leaning more towards a 6.

Didn't even notice the butterfly at the bottom at first, so i was thinking center the image to have those three butterflies closer to center and have more space to the right of that lonely butterfly in right top corner , and a bit more sky wouldn't have hurt.

In fact, here's a 4K crop out of your picture:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.b92997cd101799ffb0ea1475751d76f2.jpg

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

It's kind of a basic photo, and you could have gotten a better angle, such as pointing the camera up and closer to the butterflies while having more of the sky in it. I'll give it a 4.

Thanks good point BTW .

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

3. Too much green in the photo. I'd try to zoom in more to give focus on the subject. However don't let criticism discourage you, keep on shootin' and practice practice practice!

Thanks and this was at maximum zoom .

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Yeah, same as the people above, I was leaning more towards a 6.

Didn't even notice the butterfly at the bottom at first, so i was thinking center the image to have those three butterflies closer to center and have more space to the right of that lonely butterfly in right top corner , and a bit more sky wouldn't have hurt.

In fact, here's a 4K crop out of your picture:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.b92997cd101799ffb0ea1475751d76f2.jpg

Thanks 

Tbh the others are pretty nice to you..I’d say 2/10, only because it is somewhat properly exposed. But the framing is odd, there is no real subject and well, it looks like a random shot I’d take when snapchatting..

Don’t take this that I’m just being mean, but think about what your subject is and the composition and what you want to show with the image. Everyone can get good with practice so just keep shooting but try to think more before shooting. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I would give it a 2/10. The photo has no subject. There is nothing for my eye to focus on. Like, ooh, some green. Some things to try: Wait until one of the butterflies is in front of the plant, instead of behind it. Turn on the grid on your camera, and put that butterfly at the bottom right intersection of the grid. Try and get some sky or other colors in there. 

Thought I posted this here yesterday - but hey.

The photo is OK. Thing is (and I am not being discriminatory here) its very bland. If you put "Butterfly in greenery" into Google you will probably find a photo like this. Scratch that, you would see a billion like this.That's the thing with Photography - its a competition of who has the most imagination. Echoing some other users above, different angles, colours, focus, aperture... that is the basic stuff, but even this has to be done in a way that is different. I have to admit, I sometimes do the same. Everyone does. You just have to develop a style that is you. I cannot tell you how to take a photo, because then it is not yours. It, at the end of the day, is your photo. If you ever want a critical eye to go over your photo feel free to hit me up here, or my Instagram; @limegorilla -- And yes. I did just shamelessly plug my Instagram :) 

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I'd add to the above is try using a wider aperture, if possible. It'll help give you some better separation from the subject (presumably the butterflies) and the rest of the scene. It'll mean your eyes are drawn to the butterflies in focus rather than everything else.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy