CPU Cooler advice

Ghost0447

I currently have a I5 7600 Boxed, but iam still using the intel cooler that got send with it. Will i get extra performance if i buy a better CPU cooler? and does anyone have any advice on what to get?

As long as your case airflow is adequate, the stock cooler should already be enough to keep temps in check. A better cooler won't get you better performance unless your current cooler is failing to keep temps low enough. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

As long as your case airflow is adequate, the stock cooler should already be enough to keep temps in check. A better cooler won't get you better performance unless your current cooler is failing to keep temps low enough. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

sometimes its a little loud aswell, will it help if i buy a better cooler?

Just now, Ghost0447 said:

sometimes its a little loud aswell, will it help if i buy a better cooler?

What are your temps? Have you tried lowering the fan speed? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your temps? Have you tried lowering the fan speed? 

Temps are most off the times around 60-75 (on load) i havent tried lowering the fan speed.

Just now, Ghost0447 said:

Temps are most off the times around 60-75 (on load) i havent tried lowering the fan speed.

Those are low temps and your cpu has no trouble keeping turbo boost clocks. You're fine up to 80-90c at load. If the fan is too noisy, try lowering fan speeds a bit.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those are low temps and your cpu has no trouble keeping turbo boost clocks. You're fine up to 80-90c at load. If the fan is too noisy, try lowering fan speeds a bit.

Cool will do!