Fans

Seazer

Whenever I have my laptop plugged in, the fans will randomly spool up to a high setting. Anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

Have you had a look in your BIOS fan settings to see how they're configured?

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

5 hours ago, Alcam said:

Have you had a look in your BIOS fan settings to see how they're configured?

No, how do you do that?

Did you check which process were running when you fan was running on high setting. The fan usually run on high setting if the processor is at a high utilization. To check which process are running, use task manager and click check you cpu level. If it's click the cpu level to set it to make the list in descending of highest usage to lowest usage.

24 minutes ago, Manav Dubey said:

Did you check which process were running when you fan was running on high setting. The fan usually run on high setting if the processor is at a high utilization. To check which process are running, use task manager and click check you cpu level. If it's click the cpu level to set it to make the list in descending of highest usage to lowest usage.

Depending on your motherboard its either F12 or the delete key whilst your PC is booting. However, since you don't know how to get here I wouldn't recommend meddling with it. 

Instead ill ask some questions: Do the fans 'spool up' when you're putting the PC under stress or does it also happen at idle? 

What % of you CPU/GPU is being used when at idle? (you can check this within task manager).

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

5 hours ago, Alcam said:

Depending on your motherboard its either F12 or the delete key whilst your PC is booting. However, since you don't know how to get here I wouldn't recommend meddling with it. 

Instead ill ask some questions: Do the fans 'spool up' when you're putting the PC under stress or does it also happen at idle? 

What % of you CPU/GPU is being used when at idle? (you can check this within task manager).

It happens at idle when running around 7% to 14% utilization

4 hours ago, Seazer said:

It happens at idle when running around 7% to 14% utilization

I have some questions as well. How old is your laptop and what type of laptop is it?

On 4/18/2018 at 10:29 PM, Manav Dubey said:

I have some questions as well. How old is your laptop and what type of laptop is it?

I got it 6 months ago. Its an Asus zenbook ux430ua