Nokia Lumia 1520 Battery Test Complete, Explosive Results Inside(Outbeats the Note 3)

Youbetternot

The Nokia Lumia 1520 battery test has been complete and the results are crazy. It has better battery life then the Galaxy note 3. It scored a 107 hour endurance rating. It delivers a massive 28 hours of 3G voice calls, nearly 13 hours of web browsing over WiFi and 12 and a half hours of video playback.

6125-7b2da4fc_680_400.jpg

GSMArena has completed its battery test on the Nokia Lumia 1520. Nokia's flagship phablet has aced almost every aspect of the test, not just passing it with flying colors but putting other phablets to shame. Even the mighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been bested. A 107 hour endurance rating? That's 4 and a half days of battery life if you make 1 hour of voice calls (over 3G), do 1 hour of web browsing and 1 hour of video playback each day. 

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/6125/nokia-lumia-1520-battery-test-complete-explosive-results-inside.html

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

For the first time, my Note 3's battery doesn't feel big...

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

If only it came with Android. Sucks that Microsoft bought out Nokias hardware department, pretty much prevents me buying a Nokia phone from now on

More phones need bigger batteries like this!

Yes but in smaller form factors for more POWER!

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

What is the mAh capacity on the Nokia Lumia 1520?

Edit : its 3400mAh versus the Note 3 which has 3200mAh

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

And i'm here with only 3000mAh in my LG G2.

:(

Signatures are stupid.

Misleading title is misleading. I'm perfectly happy with the battery in my Nexus 5. (sarcasm)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

That is really impressive. I'm already getting about 1.5day of battery life with light internet + calls + music on my 620 which has the smallest battery ever (1300mah) in the Lumia line up. Maybe the GDR3 + Black update on it makes it much more efficient with the battery life. I'm still using GDR2 + Amber update btw.

If only it came with Android. Sucks that Microsoft bought out Nokias hardware department, pretty much prevents me buying a Nokia phone from now on

if it came with android it wont last that much time because android is sucking all of juice from batteries! 

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

if it came with android it wont last that much time because android is sucking all of juice from batteries!

With 3400mAh I don't think battery life is a huge deal haha, even with Android

Windows Phone (the OS) is also more "efficient" than Android.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Windows Phone (the OS) is also more "efficient" than Android.

I'd still like to see what you could get out of something like a note 3 if running stock android without all the touchwiz bloat sucking up juice.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

I wanna see the note 3 results first of all. They use different os anyways. It's like comparing an apple to an orange

apple is not comparable product because it is much worse then shit lol :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Dammit, why doesn't my 920 has such a battery? I hate to have to charge my phone daily.. I forget to do that :(.

it's a runtime thing 

the art runtime should bring good efficiency improvements as less cpu would be needed when not having to decompile much code 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

How sad for you, i enjoy coming from android to windows phone 8 with my lumia 925. If i could handle the screen size than i would instantly buy the 1520.

First android was HTC Widlfire second was Galaxy Nexus with kitkat.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

I'd still like to see what you could get out of something like a note 3 if running stock android without all the touchwiz bloat sucking up juice.

Well people have been getting pretty good improvements when installing a google play edition rom on a galaxy s4 instead of using stock touch wiz.

Too bad theres no google play edition for the galaxy note 3

Folding for LTT since April 2016.