PWM Y splitter and PWM 3-way splitter with Z270E and AI Suite

Cotroneo

Hi! 
With my current fan setup, I currently have:

•  3x Noctua NF A-14 iPPC 3000 (PWM) - 1x Is rear exhaust, other 2x are front intake0
  •  2x NF-A14 AAO (PWM) - Both are bottom intake
  • NH-D15 (dual). - Exhaust

Now my question is: With the Z270E, am I able to use the 3-way splitter for the front intake and rear exhaust, and the Y splitter for 2x bottom intake in conjuction with the 2 fans on the NH-D15 so that they're recognized by AI suite as 3 groups?

If so, will the motherboard be able to detect what the voltage would need to be?

Thanks. :~}

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 4.8GHz || GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Dual Fan) || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) 3200MHZ || MotherboardAsus STRIX Z270-E GAMING || Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 Titanium (Windowless) || Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX300 1.1TB, Seagate- Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

no, you only have 2 splitters so you only have 2 sets of controls, you would need to connect the rear exhaust fan directly to the board via a 3rd fan connector.

a PWM splitter does one speed on ALL connected fans

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

no, you only have 2 splitters so you only have 2 sets of controls, you would need to connect the rear exhaust fan directly to the board via a 3rd fan connector.

a PWM splitter does one speed on ALL connected fans

The NH-D15 has a Y splitter and is already controlled by a splitter. I should have specified. :P.

And I know they do the one speed. That's why each control group will be made up of identical fans. I'm just not sure about the whole voltage situation.

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @ 4.8GHz || GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (Dual Fan) || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8) 3200MHZ || MotherboardAsus STRIX Z270-E GAMING || Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 Titanium (Windowless) || Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX300 1.1TB, Seagate- Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

3 minutes ago, Cotroneo said:

The NH-D15 has a Y splitter and is already controlled by a splitter. I should have specified. :P.

And I know they do the one speed. That's why each control group will be made up of identical fans. I'm just not sure about the whole voltage situation.

but you said you would connect the rear exhaust fan to the same splitter as the front 2 fans, all 3 of those fans being on the same connector make them one "group" so you have 2 groups MAXIMUM if all 5 fans are connected to 1 of the 2 splitters, to have a 3rd "group" you NEED to split the rear fan off to it's own direct board connection, the splitters only have a complete 4 pin wire going to one fan in the group of fans and the rest simply get the voltage that the one fan gets so you can;t connect 3 fans to 1 splitter and control the 3 fans separately, voltage wise all the fans are connected in parallel so they are the same voltage (minus any minimal line drop) across all fans on the same splitter.

think of it this way, each connection to the MOTHERBOARD is a separate group, everything in each group runs at the same speed, but different groups can run at different speeds.

By default, the fan headers on your motherboard detect the type of fan used. When using pwm fans, a 12v and pwm signal are sent to the pwm fans. The resulting rpm should reflect the fan curves set on your motherboard settings.

There's only one header on the splitter with the 3rd pin which is for rpm. This pin is omitted on the other headers.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.