What sort of plug is this??!

donalgodon
2 minutes ago, Jihakuz said:

Pull the top bit up...

He needs the US plug.聽

5 minutes ago, donalgodon said:

I bought a Mate 10 and it came with a plug I've never seen before.聽

Is this UK? What do I need to adapt this to 110V US?

Look for UK to US plug.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16聽| GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini聽| Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB聽 | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue聽| Monitors: 24"聽Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung聽 | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio:聽Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |聽 U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:聽 Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7聽| Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019聽|聽TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit聽| Cisco ASA 5506 firewall聽 | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS聽| Custom built SCCM Server.

7 minutes ago, donalgodon said:

I bought a Mate 10 and it came with a plug I've never seen before.聽

Is this UK? What do I need to adapt this to 110V US?

IMG_20180417_135229.jpg

this is a UK 220V plug.
you need to pull up the middle thing. its retracted.
you don't just need an adapter, but a聽converter

~New~聽聽BoomBerryPi project !聽 ~New~

new build log :聽http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757聽(5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here 聽: 聽http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Honestly it would probably easier to just get a different charger for the phone.

CPU:聽i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot聽( 汀掳 蜏蕱 汀掳)

21 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

this is a UK 220V plug.
you need to pull up the middle thing. its retracted.
you don't just need an adapter, but a聽converter

8 minutes ago, lionsland said:

Honestly it would probably easier to just get a different charger for the phone.

On the charger, it reads " input100-240V" so won't it work at 110 if聽 I just use an adapter?

47 minutes ago, donalgodon said:

On the charger, it reads " input100-240V" so won't it work at 110 if聽 I just use an adapter?

yeah it will. I didn't see that.
adaptor is fine.

~New~聽聽BoomBerryPi project !聽 ~New~

new build log :聽http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757聽(5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here 聽: 聽http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

where did you buy your Mate 10 from? If you bought it in the US you should have gotten an US plug, as the Mate 10 is available from amazon and few other places in the US. If you imported it, then yeah, it's normal.

If purchased in the US and you were expecting a US plug, complain to the seller. If imported, well, this is a UK plug, not EU-mainland. You need to get an adapter OR just buy a USB charger, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-4-5V5A-SuperCharge-Adapter-USB-C/dp/B06WWPBM1L/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523998429&sr=8-4&keywords=huawei+charger

Any USB charger will do though.

edit: if you bought this mate 10 in the US from a US seller new, you should contact him & try to return it. Huawei won't give you warranty over this product as it is supposed to be reserved to the UK market and therefore no warranty for the US.

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

where did you buy your Mate 10 from? If you bought it in the US you should have gotten an US plug, as the Mate 10 is available from amazon and few other places in the US. If you imported it, then yeah, it's normal.

If purchased in the US and you were expecting a US plug, complain to the seller. If imported, well, this is a UK plug, not EU-mainland. You need to get an adapter OR just buy a USB charger, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-4-5V5A-SuperCharge-Adapter-USB-C/dp/B06WWPBM1L/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523998429&sr=8-4&keywords=huawei+charger

Any USB charger will do though.

edit: if you bought this mate 10 in the US from a US seller new, you should contact him & try to return it. Huawei won't give you warranty over this product as it is supposed to be reserved to the UK market and therefore no warranty for the US.

I got it on eBay for a good price in a sealed box. I'm okay with just getting an adapter. I just wanted a little confirmation first.聽

14 minutes ago, donalgodon said:

I got it on eBay for a good price in a sealed box. I'm okay with just getting an adapter. I just wanted a little confirmation first.聽

I see. Then yeah, either adapter or just any USB charger out there. Enjoy the phone聽;)

It's a UK type G plug.. in all honesty it's probably easier and simpler just to buy a new USB charger instead of an adapter.

16 hours ago, OfficialLament said:

It's a UK type G plug.. in all honesty it's probably easier and simpler just to buy a new USB charger instead of an adapter.

I decided to go with an adapter. I found one that was good quality for around 7 dollars and if I did just get a new charger (unless it was an expensive factory replacement)聽, I'd lose the Supercharge feature, which is a big thing for me.