Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

8 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

And you could also get an iMac Pro fixed, just not by yourself, which is honestly not a big deal as the majority of computer users around the world relies on third parties for repair.

But the whole point of this video is they COULDN'T get it fixed...

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

9 hours ago, Trillient said:

I believe LTT has made in total, revenue of 90 Million.

Linus's tech channel makes around 2Million a year from youtube add revenue. Totalled is $10 Million

Assuming he makes 20k on each advertisement he does in a video on average - in comparison to the 30k mrbeast is paid. And allow for the fact that he only started doing the advertisements when he was getting allot of views on his youtube channel (past 3000). That calculates to $60 Million.

Finally the revenue made on Affiliate purchases is the only figure we can't really estimate. But i would assume it would be in the neighbourhood of 20 Million shown by how much they push "you can buy this with the link below". 

thats a lot of assumptions, most of which are probably way off the mark

12 hours ago, Trillient said:

I believe LTT has made in total, revenue of 90 Million.

Linus's tech channel makes around 2Million a year from youtube add revenue. Totalled is $10 Million

Assuming he makes 20k on each advertisement he does in a video on average - in comparison to the 30k mrbeast is paid. And allow for the fact that he only started doing the advertisements when he was getting allot of views on his youtube channel (past 3000). That calculates to $60 Million.

Finally the revenue made on Affiliate purchases is the only figure we can't really estimate. But i would assume it would be in the neighbourhood of 20 Million shown by how much they push "you can buy this with the link below". 

What are your assumptions supposed to prove here? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Taco Bell refused to make me a burrito once, so I sort of know how you must feel.

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

13 minutes ago, lazypc said:

Taco Bell refused to make me a burrito once, so I sort of know how you must feel.

Did you pay for it?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

• 4 weeks later...

Apple should just have some of their own products in the storage room or something that can be used for parts.

Did this ever get fixed by the way?

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

13 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

Did this ever get fixed by the way?

They just put a video up on Floatplane about it.

They are working on it but Apple still refuse to do anything about it. 

Laptop Macbook Pro 15" 2018 With Touchbar
CPU  AMD Threadripper 1950X Motherboard Asus Zenith Extreme Ram G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz GPUs 2X MSI 1080TI Seahawk X  Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Storage  Corsair NX 400GB Pcie SSD / Samsung 850 Evo 1TB / WD 4TB HDD(W/Optane) PSU Evga SuperNova G2 1600W Cooling  EK Phoenix TR4  Keyboard Corsair Vengance K95 Rgb Cherry MX Blue Mouse  Logitech G502 Lightspeed W/ Powerplay Sounds Corsair SP 2500 / Beyerdynamic DT990 / Schiit Stack  Display  2X Acer Predator X34p 3440X1440

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I think Rossman posted something about this, but getting the parts I think would be a nightmare.

yeah for sure it would be.

Somehow they managed to get their hands on a new MLB no idea how but they did.

Laptop Macbook Pro 15" 2018 With Touchbar
CPU  AMD Threadripper 1950X Motherboard Asus Zenith Extreme Ram G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz GPUs 2X MSI 1080TI Seahawk X  Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Storage  Corsair NX 400GB Pcie SSD / Samsung 850 Evo 1TB / WD 4TB HDD(W/Optane) PSU Evga SuperNova G2 1600W Cooling  EK Phoenix TR4  Keyboard Corsair Vengance K95 Rgb Cherry MX Blue Mouse  Logitech G502 Lightspeed W/ Powerplay Sounds Corsair SP 2500 / Beyerdynamic DT990 / Schiit Stack  Display  2X Acer Predator X34p 3440X1440

• 4 weeks later...

so just ask jerry rig everything what he can do about this cause I've seen him fix apple devices and, maybe u should just create a screen the same size as your iMac pro and use it plus jerryrigeverything  is a famous youtuber, you will easily be able to get in contact with him. https://www.youtube.com/user/JerryRigEverything

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Get on the phone with Apple Support.  Tell them you want the unit replaced if they can't fix it.  Ask for a supervisor, then ask for their supervisor, eventually you'll get to someone who has the authority to authorize a replacement.  If I can do it for a BMW, you can do it for an Apple. ?

Not sure if it is too late to post this, but I think that Apple is able to repair this but unwilling. LTT has given apple an especially hard time and it seems that their iMac pro video was viewed a lot. Apple may have deliberatly been trying to send Linus a message to not buy their products again, believing that getting rid of years worth of bad reviews in the future was worth a few video rants, especially due to youtube's algorithm burying older videos.

When I think about this sometimes I feel like i'm onto something. Other I feel like i'm just stupid and conspiratorial.

• 6 months later...

Hi Linus,

I used to be an apple technician, and repairing iMacs is not that difficult if you can find the part from a 3rd party supplier I would be happy to assist you in repairing it.

Regards

Stuart

• 6 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 11:59 PM, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Buy(?) an iMac Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/eSNg9q

If I were you':!! I would go to Apple store and throw their mac display and say that you are all f*** _idiots!! ???

On 4/17/2018 at 11:59 PM, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

If i were you I would go to the Apple store and said that you'all are f***_idiots!! ???

My tip would be to never buy fruits that have already been bitten into. Saves you a lot of hassle ?

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

• 4 weeks later...

Technically speaking, everything Apple is doing in this video is in direct violation of consumer protection laws. You could technically sue them for this.

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, GabenJr said:

hi im like 4 years late but next time something like this happens i know someone who could fix it. my email is JJJJAASOONNNITB@gmail.com

On 4/18/2018 at 10:03 AM, TomMoulard said:

your machine has been opened up and for an iMac, this technically isn't meant to be done by anyone who isn't an authorised apple trained technician. This could be why they are being funny about repairing it.

I'm assuming this is an overly active lawyer trying to protect thier buts, they might replace the screen but something else will then fail (possibly damaging more than the machine, eg catching fire) but since they were the last ones to open the device they would then be liable. 

What do private repair shops do in these cases, get the client to sign a waiver so that the repair shop is not help liable if post repair the device goes up in smoke along with the house and user.