Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

yo man i have a guy he lives my town man he does this kind of stuff cheap man get ahold of me ill i tell u everything u need

Just saw you video. What's the current status of you broken iMac Pro? I work for Apple and I'm Apple Certified Mac Technician; willing to help you with this issue. Feel free to contact if necessary.

I had the same experience with my iphone except that a third party service provider opened it up.

This policy likely violates the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.  I read in multiple locations that Canadians can cite Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 in civil court due to it being based on common law.  Perhaps they should sue them and offer a compromise in which Apple will sell the parts in exchange for Linus and his colleagues signing a liability waiver that way Linus can make a video of them fixing it and Apple will be off the hook if the repair turns catastrophic.

I found a link to where a refurbished iMac pro can be purchased.  The pricing is probably pretty close to or possibly less than the cost of the repair.  It is possible that their policy preventing fixing products that have been tampered with may be due to employee safety concerns.

https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/imac_pro

I mean why not try to find a damaged MAC where the screen is still intact and just replace or go onto website like ebay where people sell screens from the MAC you are looking for

apple is just a terrible company. They give zero ***** about their products and their customers. If they did this problem would be fixed. Good thing I’m the only one in my family with an actual PC and not a potato in my backpack.

Hi there guys!

I'm a newbie to this forum but, a huge fan to you guys. I had to register to the forum to tell my experience with Apple products.

So recently I bought a MacBook Air late 2014 from my friend which was already water damaged, opened and soldering was also made in the inside by non-authorized people. It was cheap so I've got in to it and I went to an Apple Authorized Service Provider who first made a diagnostic to the product then they gave me an estimate how much it would cost after repair. They said that they need to change the whole logic board as well as the top case and the left I/O assembly, but they not mentioned at all that they are unable to fix it. They stated only that they need to send those parts back to apple for an exchange, nothing else. The price what they gave me was also almost that high that from that money I can buy a new MB Air so it's not worth it. So possibly if you really want to repair it you can try to bring it somewhere to an Authorized Service Provider and hopefully they will repair it for you.

The last Apple product I owned was the iphone 4. It sucks because it seems like at work everyone is migrating to apple phones and tablets.

Apple charges too much and customizing options are limited.

Sorry but I find you guys have a tendency to embellish about your woes for clicks. I have never had an issue getting Apple to repair, fix or replace. Just don't make video's about their business saying negative stuff and I am sure they will make "exceptions" they do it all the time for customers without youtube channels. So you get a bunch of clicks they save the money on repair, seems like you worked out your own deal that worked.

By the way I am not an Apple groupie, I dislike a lot of what Apple does too. I write Tim Cook a lot calling him a crook. But I am not going to give you this one. You kind of brought it on yourself.

If you gave me this computer and I would pay a good market rate for it, I would have it replaced in under a day.

I am in Edmonton so the shipping would be easy.

All these people coming in with 1 posts and saying how they can sort it or how they know best and basically offering options which are already explained in the video blah blah blah xD

Clearly some haven't even bothered to watch the video itself.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

On 4/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Buy(?) an iMac Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/eSNg9q

I am not able to fix that Apple Pro.

I only have this piece of advice.

Don't buy Apple.

When you could buy a much better PC for the same ludicrous price.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

I believe LTT has made in total, revenue of 90 Million.

Linus's tech channel makes around 2Million a year from youtube add revenue. Totalled is $10 Million

Assuming he makes 20k on each advertisement he does in a video on average - in comparison to the 30k mrbeast is paid. And allow for the fact that he only started doing the advertisements when he was getting allot of views on his youtube channel (past 3000). That calculates to $60 Million.

Finally the revenue made on Affiliate purchases is the only figure we can't really estimate. But i would assume it would be in the neighbourhood of 20 Million shown by how much they push "you can buy this with the link below". 

13 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

I am not able to fix that Apple Pro.

I only have this piece of advice.

Don't buy Apple.

When you could buy a much better PC for the same ludicrous price.

When you part it out 1:1 with the same components, adding some cost to the custom machined housing and taking the 5K HDR display into account, good luck making it much cheaper. The Xeon W CPU, the DDR4-ECC, RAID0 SSDs and 5K HDR display really aren't cheap.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

When you part it out 1:1 with the same components, adding some cost to the custom machined housing and taking the 5K HDR display into account, good luck making it much cheaper. The Xeon W CPU, the DDR4-ECC, RAID0 SSDs and 5K HDR display really aren't cheap.

You're missing one important point.

If I broke it.

I could easily get it fixed.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

12 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

If I broke it.

You're bad at making points if that was all the message was supposed to say :P  

And you could also get an iMac Pro fixed, just not by yourself, which is honestly not a big deal as the majority of computer users around the world relies on third parties for repair.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

And you could also get an iMac Pro fixed, just not by yourself, which is honestly not a big deal as the majority of computer users around the world relies on third parties for repair.

No I couldn't.

As i'd never buy Apple.

I think people who do are asking for trouble.

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

that is very true. especially since it is a PRO machine. 

3 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

100% agree but lets tell all the story, What is the %(of total macpro buyers)  that need Xeon W 5k HDR and ECC  can I count those people with 1 hand?.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

And there are another solutions on the market that fit better and cheaper their needs but they cant get with that apple logo, so they buy a very specialized computer for a semipro/consumer usage. The problem is not the quality , the problem with apple is the scam that they do promoting server cpu / high-especialized for photoshop and final cut xD 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

2 hours ago, Peskanova said:

And there are another solutions on the market that fit better and cheaper their needs but they cant get with that apple logo, so they buy a very specialized computer for a semipro/consumer usage. The problem is not the quality , the problem with apple is the scam that they do promoting server cpu / high-especialized for photoshop and final cut xD 

Apple isn't exclusive in upselling things -- things literally what most/all marketing departments do. 

And you really need to look up the word 'scam', because it's absolutely not even remotely close to being a scam.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 hours ago, mark_cameron said:

If I broke it.

It’s a desktop meant to stay stationary on a table surface. 

I will take my chances. I certainly have no intention of taking it apart to access the internals or otherwise mess around with it in any way, were I in the market for one.