GabenJr

Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

Make a Hackintosh (beige box that runs OSX) to recover the Data that you can't access, or Drop some money and get a display port monitor and use external video to verify that the board is shot.  then make a hack to recover data.

PS having watched many of your videos, I am sure that you have the gear laying around to make a hack that will recover your stuff.

14 hours ago, GCS-John said:

Make a Hackintosh (beige box that runs OSX) to recover the Data that you can't access, or Drop some money and get a display port monitor and use external video to verify that the board is shot.  then make a hack to recover data.

PS having watched many of your videos, I am sure that you have the gear laying around to make a hack that will recover your stuff.

they're not trying to recover any data, they just want to fix it to sell it on

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Buy(?) an iMac Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/eSNg9q

Contact tim cook or have someone who works off camera bring it to an apple store and just say you don't know what happened to it. more then likely the will fix it then

On 4/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, GabenJr said:

WE broke our iMac Pro... But then we tried to PAY Apple to repair it. They REFUSED. Come with us on a journey of frustration...

Buy(?) an iMac Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/eSNg9q

Well....

In the automotive industry, a car manufacturer needs to provide support to a vehicle (parts, etc) for a minimum of X amount of years. So if Fiat sold a Fiat vehicle in america, It couldn't just bail out and stop supporting the vehicle as they wished. I know this because I met the former owner of Central Ford in Framingham Massachusetts, and we used to talk alot. I don't see why he'd lie to me. I tried to search online for the specific regulation to give you the exact amount of years but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I am assuming, the computer industry is probably regulated as well... Or not. I wonder what would happen if you filed a small claim in court vs apple. Not only I believe their action of not supporting your computer is proof of horrible customer support + a reason not to buy anything from apple. They want you to have to buy a brand new computer. Really ? This is unethical.

I am glad I am anti apple. I use Windows, Linux, Unix, Android, and even MSDOS (for playing worms), but I was never an apple guy. People call me almost everyday to replace their Iphone screens, apple notebook screens, etc etc, and I am proud to say "Sorry, I don't work with Apple". !!!!! :D

Good luck with your case, leave us updated. And if you do take it to court, please know that even though there will be signs saying you cant record, you can! It's your constitutional right !

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Tang Li said:

In the automotive industry, a car manufacturer needs to provide support to a vehicle (parts, etc) for a minimum of X amount of years.

I believe it is ten years.

Jeannie

RAID is not a backup!

Funny thing was, Apple actually emailed on 20th April about their new "GiveBack" program...

Like anybody is going to trust a company who won't fix their stuff - now they want users to trade-in their old devices?!

On 4/27/2018 at 1:33 PM, GCS-John said:

Drop some money

yeah this isnt about money really, Linus has plenty of it.

hard to say but I think he knew the buzz would last on his video to rake in the money

AMD Ryzen 1600X with ASUS Prime x370 Pro and Corsair Vegence 2x8GB 3466 15cas, Corsair H100i liquid cpu cooler, Samsung EVO 500GB, 4TB 7200, Asus GRX 1080 8gb rog strix, Fractal Define R4 case, Corsair RM750x, 10Gbps

On 28/04/2018 at 11:25 AM, maxanthony84 said:

they're not trying to recover any data, they just want to fix it to sell it on

Or keep. It has had a 4k/5k display. :P

On 5/9/2018 at 7:12 PM, TechyBen said:

Target Display Mode isn't a thing for 5K iMacs for now ._.

while I'm at it: TARGET DISPLAY AND PERIPHERAL MODE FOR MACBOOKS PLEASE APPLE.

On 09/05/2018 at 12:12 PM, TechyBen said:

They said in the video they want to flip it on craigslist 

Hey Linus, Try to Replace the glas only, like a refurbished iphone screen, i might work. personaly i have never tried it.

Just saw you video. What's the current status of you broken iMac Pro? I work for Apple and I'm Apple Certified Mac Technician; willing to help you with this issue. Feel free to contact if necessary.

I had the same experience with my iphone except that a third party service provider opened it up.

Main Rig (Maintenance in progress)

Spoiler

The CPU is dead!!

• Intel Core i5-6500 @3.2GHz 4C/4T Boost 3.6GHZ
  • 16GB Panram DDR4-2400 (8GBx2)
  • Asus Z170-A Motherboard
  • Kingston SSDNow KC400 256GB SSD
  • WD Black 1TB 7200RPM Drive
  • XFX R9 370 4GB Graphics card
  • XFX XTR 650 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU
  • Coolermaster Mastercase 5
  • LG 25UM58 25" Ultrawide Monitor
  • ASUS ROG Strix Impact Mouse
  • Logitech G610 Orion Spark CherryMX Blue Keyboard
  • Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam

Media Center

Spoiler

12TB included!!

• Intel Core i3-7100 @3.9GHz 2C/4T
  • 8GB Crucial DDR4-2400 (4GBx2)
  • Asus Prime B250M-A Motherboard
  • Kingston SM2280S3G2/120G 120GB M.2 SSD
  • Hitachi 250GB 7200RPM Drive
  • HGST 6TB 7200RPM Nas drive *2
  • Sony Blu-ray 8X Drive
  • Galax GTX 1050 Graphics card
  • EVGA 450B 450w 80+ Bronze Non Modular PSU
  • Fractal Design Node 605 (Stock fans replaced)
  • Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 3000RPM Fans
  • Panasonic Plasma TV
  • i-rocks wireless mouse and keyboard combo
  • Logitech Mousepad

Mobile Station

Spoiler

Dropped and Survived!!

• Apple Macbook Pro 2013 15"
  • Intel Core i7-4750HQ @2GHz 4C/8T Boost 3GHz
  • 8GB Soldered DDR3-1600 Ram in Dual Channel
  • Apple 256GB Nvme SSD
  • Logitech G300s Mouse
  • Apple Magic Mouse

Gold Mine

Spoiler

Killed RX570 4GB with "Mobile Station"!!

• Intel Pentium G4400 @3.3GHz 2C/2T
  • 8GB Transcend DDR4-2400 (8GBx1)
  • ASUS ROG Strix B250F Gaming
  • Hitachi 320GB 5400RPM Laptop Drive
  • MSI RX 460 4GB Graphics Card
  • MSI RX 470 4GB Graphics Card (Gaming X)
  • Thermaltake 500 TR2 500w PSU
  • Random 1024x768 VGA Monitor
  • Logitech K120 Membrane Keyboard
  • Random Buffalo Mouse
  • Sunix HDMI to VGA Converter

This policy likely violates the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.  I read in multiple locations that Canadians can cite Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 in civil court due to it being based on common law.  Perhaps they should sue them and offer a compromise in which Apple will sell the parts in exchange for Linus and his colleagues signing a liability waiver that way Linus can make a video of them fixing it and Apple will be off the hook if the repair turns catastrophic.

15 hours ago, borg said:

Perhaps they should sue

waste of time

AMD Ryzen 1600X with ASUS Prime x370 Pro and Corsair Vegence 2x8GB 3466 15cas, Corsair H100i liquid cpu cooler, Samsung EVO 500GB, 4TB 7200, Asus GRX 1080 8gb rog strix, Fractal Define R4 case, Corsair RM750x, 10Gbps