Looking for a media watching device

Qpa

Hello good fellas, 

I don't know if I am in the right forum or if I can find any help but I'm looking for the following and hope some of you can give some advice because it is a long time ago where I was up to date for tablets etc.

(Is there just the option between an iPad and Galaxy Tab nowadays?)

Basically im looking for a new Media watching device. 

Currently I still live on a Nexus 7 2013 which is getting a super old and small. It just broke and I can just charge it via the wireless pad....

I basically just use it to watch all kind of media, the usuall streaming services (netflix, amazon, youtube) (because I don't use a TV in my bedroom ) and use it for news reading and some games. 

This needs a replacment very soon and I hope someone of you can give good advice for tablets nowadays. I kinda wanna stick to android just because.... 

In my head I also toy around to upgrade to an Yoga,XPS,Spectre kind of convertible (#Chrome- Pixelbook worth it?) to increase my usage of such device and maybe take it as a working device too.

The range is quite wide as you can see. Basically from a few hundred bugs tablet up to an 1,5k convertible.

thanks in advance and kind regards 

Mediapad line-up from Huawei. M3 or M5.

The only issue is there seems to be some DRM issues and so on Mediapad M5 you can't watch Netflix (and some similar applications) in HD, only 480p.

That's my proposition, but if you're outside EU it may not be interesting (mediapad's not sold in US).