Modifying a cooler master blizzard t2

Dinnerb0ne
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
4 minutes ago, Dinnerb0ne said:

Should I try cleaning my PC , there is a lot of dust which might be affecting the temperatures, the only problem is I have lost my thermal paste and I can't buy it here plus there is no shop which sells compressed air. How should I go about cleaning my PC?

Cleaning is always good. You can get some other way of blowing air, like bicycle pump. You can also use soft paper/cloth on surfaces (not on PCBs or other bare electronics).

You can control non-PWM fans, if thats your own problem. But you can try with zipties too.

I have a ryzen 5 1400 with the stock cooler and I tried over clocking but the temps are too high so I want to buy a new cooler. I have found a really good deal on the cooler master blizzard t2 , but the problem is that it doesn't have a pwm fan , I have 2 120mm fans in my home which I am not using so can I somehow mount the 120mm fans on the heatsink which uses 92mm fans.

P.S I am limited to the blizzard t2 because it is the only cooler available in my country that supports am4 out of the box (no company ships the am4 mount to my country).

I'd rather modify a mount than have to use that cooler and mod it. a better value cooler and even some zipties to hold it down might be better (idk pricing and availability where you are, but there's a reason the blizzard t2 isn't flying off of shelves today)

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Should I try cleaning my PC , there is a lot of dust which might be affecting the temperatures, the only problem is I have lost my thermal paste and I can't buy it here plus there is no shop which sells compressed air. How should I go about cleaning my PC?

4 minutes ago, Dinnerb0ne said:

Cleaning is always good. You can get some other way of blowing air, like bicycle pump. You can also use soft paper/cloth on surfaces (not on PCBs or other bare electronics).

You can control non-PWM fans, if thats your own problem. But you can try with zipties too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What oc settings have you tried and what are your temps? What case and ram are you using?

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I tried 3.7 GHz at 1.325v. The temps were near 80 degrees Celsius during the stress test and at idle they were hovering near 45 degrees Celsius.

16 hours ago, Dinnerb0ne said:

I tried 3.7 GHz at 1.325v. The temps were near 80 degrees Celsius during the stress test and at idle they were hovering near 45 degrees Celsius.

Those temps are fine. The T2 isn't going to be much better than the stock cooler and you should get something better if you want to push for higher oc's. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.