Cooling fan for Intel i3-8350k

I am going to build a new pc using the MSI Z370 gaming plus motherboard and the Intel i3-8350k cpu processor. I am on a budget and are thinking to get a cpu cooler under 25$, will the cooler master H410R be enough for the i3-8350k processor?

2 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

I think an I5-8400 + Stock Cooler would be better. Could even go for a cheaper H370 board if that's the case.

So which means the H410R would not be a good choice for the i3-8350k, any cooling fan recommendation?

5 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

If you plan on overclocking I wouldn't suggest it. I'd only feel overclocking under a good $75+ cooler or Aio Liquid Cooler. Which is why the I5 8400 and H370 board would be similar price and better idea.

So if I am planning to overclock the cpu, would the hyper 212 led turbo be a good choice.

If you're planning on gaming I would suggest something a little beefier than an i3, seen as though you're on a budget I'd recommend going with an AMD chip. Something like a Ryzen 3 1200 and a ASRock AB350M motherboard, even something like a coolermaster hyper 212+ would be sufficient to cool it on a budget assuming you aren't going to be overclocking.  

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

4 minutes ago, Alcam said:

If you're planning on gaming I would suggest something a little beefier than an i3, seen as though you're on a budget I'd recommend going with an AMD chip. Something like a Ryzen 3 1200 and a ASRock AB350M motherboard, even something like a coolermaster hyper 212+ would be sufficient to cool it on a budget assuming you aren't going to be overclocking.  

My total budget is about 800$, not really on a budget, just that most of the money is spent on other parts cause i originally thought that the cpu will come with a cooler. Would u recommend a hyper 212 led turbo with the i3-8350k

1 minute ago, Timothy Foo said:

My total budget is about 800$, not really on a budget, just that most of the money is spent on other parts cause i originally thought that the cpu will come with a cooler. Would u recommend a hyper 212 led turbo with the i3-8350k

If you are certain that the i3-8350k packs enough of a punch to run what you want it to gaming wise, then yes. The hyper 212 is a brilliant cooler for its price I'm sure it will serve you well. 

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

14 hours ago, Timothy Foo said:

So if I am planning to overclock the cpu, would the hyper 212 led turbo be a good choice.

It's fine. Performance is pretty similar to the H410R.

Where are you shopping/located? What case and ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's fine. Performance is pretty similar to the H410R.

Where are you shopping/located? What case and ram are you using?

I am located in Malaysia, part of Asia, probably be shopping using the Lazada app. I'll go with 8gb of ram and a cooler master mastercase lite 5 rgb

21 hours ago, Timothy Foo said:

I am located in Malaysia, part of Asia, probably be shopping using the Lazada app. I'll go with 8gb of ram and a cooler master mastercase lite 5 rgb

Seems like the H410R is going to be the best option here.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:58 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Seems like the H410R is going to be the best option here.

Would the H410R support the i3-8350k even when overclocked?

20 hours ago, Timothy Foo said:

Would the H410R support the i3-8350k even when overclocked?

It depends on your luck with how well it oc's. 4.6ghz+ should be doable.