Minimal Bash Like Line is Supported [ERROR] [Phoenix & Remix OS]

Ok so, I have been trying to install phoenix os on harddisk using the installer. And i tried installing remix os too on HDD. I complete the installation succesfully but when i reboot to boot into phoenix os, it gives me an error:

"MINIMAL BASH LIKE LINE IS SUPPORTED", Press tab to tab.. etc

and this error has eaten my brain.

Phoenix os works fine on my laptop which is legacy core i3 1.80ghz processor, and intel hd 4000 graphics [business edition laptop] and i used the phoenix os installer. But when i use the same installer to install phoenix os on my PC which is core i5 3.20ghz processor, and intel hd 4000 graphics card, and 2gb ram, it shows the above minimal bash like line error. I have been trying to install using a newer version of installer but it doesnt work either. 

However, when i downloaded the .iso file and using "rufus" burned the iso to a usb drive and then install it, it worked, didnt give me the error, but here's the bad news, i "Don't" see the phoenix os loading from GRUB boot manager.... there is no option to select phoenix os to load it, however i have installed it on the HDD succesfully and installed a couple of programs, and the data files do exist in the HDD partition but the phoenix os boot option doesnt exist in the GRUB BOOT MANAGER. 

I would really appreciate some solutions. :)

Wait, does remix work fine...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

no remix doesnt work, the other day, i installed phoenix os using a usb, by booting the iso file into a usb using rufus, and installed phoenix os to a drive and it did reboot into phoenix os after installation, but when i rebooted the pc to boot into windows 10, by using grub boot manager options, there was no option for phoenix os. There was only windows 10 option. Same case was with Lineage OS 14.1, it installed, rebooted but didnt show up in boot manager afterwards.

Should i try repairing the boot manager, like remove it using a window installation media file, using the bootrec /FixMbr and bootrec /FixBoot commands, completely removing the grub and then trying the installation of phoenix os using usb [cause phoenix os installer just doesnt work and shows the minimal bash like line error] and then see if it makes grub.

Also, when installing phoenix os or remix os or lineage os, it shows drives as sdb1, sdb2... etc. How would i know that which drive is the one i formatted for phoenix os, as it doesn't show the data space of each drive.

Thanks for looking up on my issue though.

I don't know how much typical Linux Android-x86 is going to give you, those drive names are the drive names Linux gives it in order it was detected in. There is also /dev/disk/by-?? that has different ways of selecting them that isn't based on auto detection. (like serial number and UUID)

The mount command should tell you whats mounted where but Android may do funny things like loopback mounts.

For the boot option, if it's UEFI (and it should be) just select it from the uefi boot menu in the bios. Grub doesn't need to be installed to the windows disk at all. (although it can boot windows just fine if it is)

Also I'm not sure if Android can read NTFS or not.. that is overall it's big issue.. PhoenixOS may be a pretty nice.. minimal desktop potentially.. but it's hardware support won't be good. There is also some concerns about it's developers. The Haiku OS might fill the same role with better hardware support but have worse apps.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law

Ok well, in the end i figured it out. It was a bad volume.. i tried the fixmbr and fixboot commands in the cmd using a windows installation media but it gave me an error on "bootrec /FixBoot" command, and said that the volume was corrupted. So, i started diskpart and then typed in the commands.

list disk

select disk x [where x is the internal HDD or SDD you have]

clean

create partition primary

format fs=NTFS quick

and it deleted everything... but i had my data backed up. So afterwards i reinstalled windows and then i figured out another point. I was using the phoenix os or remix os ISO installation through UEFI boot although my pc is legacy. So instead of selecting it the USB [which has the phoenix os burned through rufus] through UEFI, i just selected "USB STORAGE DEVICE" from legacy boot, and then installed it and it worked!

It worked!!! but ofcourse... i didnt want the grub boot manager 2 to be there and wanted windows 10 boot manager instead. So i deleted the phoenix os, and then using an installation media of windows, i typed the above diskpart commands and fixed the boot manager, which set the windows 10 boot menu as default and removing grub. And then afterwards i used the phoenix os installation program [instead of iso] and then installed phoenix os to HDD and it worked!

Turned out that:

1- check if your volume in which you are installing the OS in is damaged or not. Also determine the OS you using are 32bit or 64bit. 

2- if the volume is damaged. which you will know by using an installation media of windows, then going to repair windows option >> troubleshoot >> command prompt >> and type: diskpart >> list disk >> select disk x [where, x is the disk number of your internal HDD, backup your data to another pc or laptop or HDD first] >> clean >> create partition primary >> format fs=NTFS quick >> exit     , and then reboot and then install windows again. and in this way your damaged volume should be fixed and the phoenix os installer or remix os installer [not iso's] should work without any error.

3- If you are using ISO file to install then make sure that the USB drive is booted into the correct BIOS, if your pc is Legacy then boot into usb using legacy which says the name of USB as: "USB STORAGE DEVICE" and if your system is UEFI then boot using UEFI and it will say the name of USB as e.g my USB is of kingston so it will say its name as" KINGSTON DATA TRAVELLER USB".

So, That's how to fix any error, mainly any boot error of either Phoenix OS, Remix OS, Bliss OS, Android x86 or Lineage OS.

Thanks for all your replies though. Hope this helps people!

remember to quote or mention us when you reply or we won't be notified.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2018 at 3:02 PM, ThatOneLEo said:

Ok so, I have been trying to install phoenix os on harddisk using the installer. And i tried installing remix os too on HDD. I complete the installation succesfully but when i reboot to boot into phoenix os, it gives me an error:

"MINIMAL BASH LIKE LINE IS SUPPORTED", Press tab to tab.. etc

and this error has eaten my brain.

Phoenix os works fine on my laptop which is legacy core i3 1.80ghz processor, and intel hd 4000 graphics [business edition laptop] and i used the phoenix os installer. But when i use the same installer to install phoenix os on my PC which is core i5 3.20ghz processor, and intel hd 4000 graphics card, and 2gb ram, it shows the above minimal bash like line error. I have been trying to install using a newer version of installer but it doesnt work either. 

However, when i downloaded the .iso file and using "rufus" burned the iso to a usb drive and then install it, it worked, didnt give me the error, but here's the bad news, i "Don't" see the phoenix os loading from GRUB boot manager.... there is no option to select phoenix os to load it, however i have installed it on the HDD succesfully and installed a couple of programs, and the data files do exist in the HDD partition but the phoenix os boot option doesnt exist in the GRUB BOOT MANAGER. 

I would really appreciate some solutions. :)

https://youtu.be/-aSZTK6crW4