Which editor is putting the ads before the intro?

waterjug

I've noticed recently, some videos have the sponsor before the intro, and some videos have the ad after the intro. They were always after the into until somewhat recently.

Example A: (video with ad before intro)

Example B: (video with ad after intro)

And these are both recent videos. My best theory is that one of the new editors edits it slightly differently, or some editors decided to change their ways. I don't know exactly which editors are newest, but they could possibly be the culprit.  

linus sex tips

I think its probably After FX with vectorized graphics made in illustrator considering their use of Adobe for video editing.

I dont recommend After FX to be honest. It works great, but theres nice node based softwares you can use.

Node based editing is the best.

Edit: woops i totally thought you meant something else. Nevermind.

39 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I decided some time ago that i wasn't going to watch any video that had a click bait title or Linus pulling a stupid face so i haven't watched many videos lately xD

Don't get me wrong, like I respect your opinion, but can you just explain why. Like we know it's just Linus being Linus and overall he means well.

I guess because i was around in the early days of his channel i really appreciated that he was more serious about tech, he didnt have any gimmicks or bullshit persona to worry about, even the thumbnails back then were more professional, now its pulling stupid faces, lots of colorful large words and click bait etc.  I know that shit pulls in more views and its someones job at LTT to increase their numbers but for me personally its a huge turn off.  

I would have been a lot happier if he grew slower and stuck to his roots rather than the current course of action but that's just me, i understand all of the ins and outs as to why things don't go that way in the real world of YouTubing. 

7 minutes ago, TurtleZero said:

Don't get me wrong, like I respect your opinion, but can you just explain why. Like we know it's just Linus being Linus and overall he means well.

Yeah i dont get whats wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I guess because i was around in the early days of his channel i really appreciated that he was more serious about tech, he didnt have any gimmicks or bullshit persona to worry about, even the thumbnails back then were more professional, now its pulling stupid faces, lots of colorful large words and click bait etc.  I know that shit pulls in more views and its someones job at LTT to increase their numbers but for me personally its a huge turn off.  

I would have been a lot happier if he grew slower and stuck to his roots rather than the current course of action but that's just me, i understand all of the ins and outs as to why things don't go that way in the real world of YouTubing. 

OK fair enough I guess.

41 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I see what you mean, but Linus has quite a few people working for him now that depend on him for their income. This means that he has to make sure that his videos are getting the views needed to make this happen, which means he has to make videos and thumbnails that attract attention. Sure, this might mean that he has to make some choices that not everyone will like but in the end it means these people can support their families and themselves.

4 minutes ago, Flurpster said:

I see what you mean, but Linus has quite a few people working for him now that depend on him for their income. This means that he has to make sure that his videos are getting the views needed to make this happen, which means he has to make videos and thumbnails that attract attention. Sure, this might mean that he has to make some choices that not everyone will like but in the end it means these people can support their families and themselves.

Absolutely, which is why i said the thing about understanding the ins and outs of the world of YouTubing. 

1 minute ago, Newenthusiast said:

Absolutely, which is why i said the thing about understanding the ins and outs of the world of YouTubing. 

At the end of the day, it is a business and you gotta do what you gotta do. I personally like some of LTT's recent format changes and I am sure there is a group of people that hate them, but that's just my opinion (Dangerous on the internet I know haha)

Each to their own :) 

To me its like you respected someone for being different and then they just went ahead and ended up exactly like everyone else, but i understand why. 

@Newenthusiast To be completely fair towards Linus he did explain why the video thumbnails where going in that direction and it was more purely due to the way YouTube algorithms are now, And like ya the thumbnails are comedic but to call the titles click bait I would have to disagree as majority of the recent videos titles literally explain what's happening and not being click bait. For example the two that the OP showed for the ads being before intro than after it. They both have titles that explain what he's doing. Testing a Dust n Water proof case and Showing you have not to get screwed in GPU prices.

Like I get where your coming from but sadly shit does change and will continue to change while Youtube tries to adapt and improve its services 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

5 hours ago, TurtleZero said:

I also avoid watching videos (not only from LTT) that clearly have clickbait titles and/ or stupid thumbnails. I find it really annoying and I want to disincentivice the algorithm from recommending those videos to me and it works! Also, maybe this changes the trend of ever more clickbait and ugly, oversaturated thumbnails (probably not).

I do not watch LTT videos for information (mostly), I watch them for entertainment. I like crazy builds and strange niche products and I can easily pick those out.

Im dying for a wx9100 review from LTT. Maybe its just the collected data google and youtube has on me that doesnt put them in my search. But ive literally only found one good review, but the guy only used it to benchmark prorender vs dual 1080s

On 4/16/2018 at 8:35 PM, Newenthusiast said:

I decided some time ago that i wasn't going to watch any video that had a click bait title or Linus pulling a stupid face so i haven't watched many videos lately xD

Yeah its like elementary school or something, but he has to pay the bills.

The question I have, not watching any video's, but I see search videos title and one title I think is that Linus is getting a divorce or what?

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah, i 100% understand, easy for an individual to take a stand on such things but he has his family and employees to worry about now.  

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

The question I have, not watching any video's, but I see search videos title and one title I think is that Linus is getting a divorce or what?

Huh well.... i saw something about how he works a lot or something in a video. Women dont like men who can work 100 hours a week.

Theyre too needy for you to be working 80-100 hrs a week.