What Does This Mean?

What does it mean when a person responds to a serious, health & welfare related question by laughing while walking away?

I already sort of know the answer but I'm not 100% sure about anything ever so that's why I'm asking anyway in addition to providing my own thoughts & further information now. Let's say you're or someone else ya know is doing something harmful to their own health & welfare that'll also effect those around them. It can be smoking, drinking or the abuse of any other recreational or even prescription drug. A situation where the individual's health is showing an obvious rapid decline due to the substance abuse. One so profound that it can't be denied by them selves even while under the influence of whatever they're taking. The person claims that their family & friends are of the utmost importance & they care about them more than anything in the world. Yet somehow when asked "what's gonna happen to us when you die from (whatever)?", the person's only response is seemingly sarcastic. Furthermore, upon confronting this individual about their odd response & asking them in a respectful manner why their answer was that way. They outright deny ever doing it or even having that intention & suddenly you're the one in the wrong for supposedly being too sensitive. Yes I understand that any form of alcohol or drug can stay in a persons body for a prolonged period of time. Although I would assume that if a person has slept an entire night without having it, there would be a period of time where their responses should be more rational.

So what does it mean when a person's rational thinking appears to always be inhibited even when they're not always under the influence of something?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

This kind of behavior usually hints to "the problem isn't big enough to be recognized" and so it's ok to joke/deny addictions. No matter what kind of addiction. 

Depending on the addiction itself, some substances due quiet a lot of screwing around in the mushy thinking part of your body...

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

9 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

This kind of behavior usually hints to "the problem isn't big enough to be recognized" and so it's ok to joke/deny addictions. No matter what kind of addiction. 

Depending on the addiction itself, some substances due quiet a lot of screwing around in the mushy thinking part of your body...

Thanks, it is really confusing though or maybe contradictory is the right word to describe the individual & the drug(s). Although I do understand that anyone can say "yes I understand its bad" but for those words to lack true meaning. Kind of like when you talk to someone & they nod their head but are daydreaming about other things. Maybe I try too hard to understand people who're doing wrong but I can't help it, especially when it's someone I know personally. It just baffles me that with all the information available online these days, that one can still intentionally continue down a bad path. On a somewhat related note, when I found out what foods I was allergic to I had no problem instantly cutting them out. Even though I absolutely loved junk food containing dairy, wheat, peanuts & soy (don't actually like the taste of soy but it's in everything that tastes good), they were instantly cut out of my diet & I've never looked back in order to avoid any allergic reactions.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

People are different. 

Things that you smile about, or have no problems with, may be a armageddon for another one. And vice versa.

You always need to see the "full picture" why someone does something. 

An example if there was a shooting, well the shooter/killer has done something really bad, but then, what has driven that person to become the violent murderer in the first place. 

Usually we aren't born like that, but lot of things in life do shape us, others may break us. For every and each of us the things that are breaking us or give us trouble are different in kind and amount.

But always respect the other persons personal limits. There are reasons why someone arrives where he/she is. Some are due to circumstances, others due to pure personal ignorance.

It is a thing I have learned. I usually projected myself onto others and couldn't understand why others don't act like I do, or couldn't do things I do or see as optimum.

Well those other people aren't me. I'm unique how I am... and the world can be happy there is only one me :P

That you need to understand. We are all different. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

1 hour ago, Anghammarad said:

People are different. 

Things that you smile about, or have no problems with, may be a armageddon for another one. And vice versa.

You always need to see the "full picture" why someone does something. 

An example if there was a shooting, well the shooter/killer has done something really bad, but then, what has driven that person to become the violent murderer in the first place. 

Usually we aren't born like that, but lot of things in life do shape us, others may break us. For every and each of us the things that are breaking us or give us trouble are different in kind and amount.

But always respect the other persons personal limits. There are reasons why someone arrives where he/she is. Some are due to circumstances, others due to pure personal ignorance.

It is a thing I have learned. I usually projected myself onto others and couldn't understand why others don't act like I do, or couldn't do things I do or see as optimum.

Well those other people aren't me. I'm unique how I am... and the world can be happy there is only one me :P

That you need to understand. We are all different. 

That's true, like my phobia with flying beetles in particular. Many I know won't bat an eye even at a Titan Beetle but even smaller Blister Beetles I'm terrified of.