Weird Display Port Glitch

I got a secondhand monitor (samsung c24g70fqe) and it is working with hdmi at 120hz.

But if I try to use DP I get a weird input glitch that distorts the screen so its unusable. Its a purpley/blackscreen kinda repeating pattern that doesnt recognise any movement.

Part of the screen is sometimes usable as you can see in vid.

The weirdest thing is the monitor menu settings show up fine on top of the glitched part of display. 

I have tried running DP cords I KNOW work but its no different. Have tried every setting on the monitor and different ports on gpu. 

Changing aspect ratio get rid of the triangles but image is still rippling.

Parts:

Intel i5-7600

Asus gtx 1060

Asus B250m-a 

8gb crucial ddr4

525gb ssd

20180416_195231.thumb.jpg.a14aa5665fc9ee712c5712b261b6423c.jpg20180416_195634.thumb.jpg.5180283199e7456633e1b5c52cc16ef8.jpg20180416_195237.thumb.jpg.f7918b76340939a4bc65bb8cb870b00a.jpg

The images are in focus by the way.

To me everything points at bad connection (could be cable, could be even internal in the monitors circuitry) and never had that happen to me exept with a bad dp cable (the result is pretty much the same).

Also, quote people if you want them to be notified.

Just now, AugOwnz said:

To me everything points at bad connection (could be cable, could be even internal in the monitors circuitry) and never had that happen to me exept with a bad dp cable (the result is pretty much the same).

Also, quote people if you want them to be notified.

I'll check with a fresh DP, if not I'll return the monitor as it is still within warranty. Thanks for your help <3

(Didn't realise, I'm not a forum kinda person. Thanks for the heads up.)