Stop - windows 7 auto update

Kamjam21xx

How do i stoo windows 7 from constantly downloading and updating my gpu drivers. i want a specific release, not the newest one. It keeps changing it to the newest one, and then it stops working.

Go and get the update yourself - do not let windows get it for you. You'll get the correct driver first time. Otherwise your changing stuff and fiddling with things.

If you do want to completely stop ALL windows updates (no there isn't a way to stop some, unless your talking about Office products) you can use WinAero Tweaker

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

1 minute ago, limegorilla said:

Go and get the update yourself - do not let windows get it for you. You'll get the correct driver first time. Otherwise your changing stuff and fiddling with things.

If you do want to completely stop ALL windows updates (no there isn't a way to stop some, unless your talking about Office products) you can use WinAero Tweaker

I manually installed the exact drivers i want 4 times now. it keeps changing them, and idk how to turn it off. 

Edit: ive been leaving my wifi unplugged while i work, but if i plug it in and walk away... bam i come back to a single display with the standard vga display adapter.

Edited by Kamjam21xx

Just now, Kamjam21xx said:

I manually installed the exact drivers i want 4 times now. it keeps changing them, and idk how to turn it off. 

Use WinAero Tweaker

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

You shouldn't require any additional application to stop Windows 7 from downloading and installing updates.

Are the driver updates downloading and installing through Windows Update, or through Nvidia's GeForce experience program or whatever?

I haven't known Windows 7 to automatically update 3rd-party display drivers, and Windows 7 isn't attempting to update or modify the older Nvidia driver I'm using. It could be a check-box setting in the Nvidia control panel, if you're using their drivers.

Otherwise, you can also change your Windows Update setting to one of the three options that don't automatically install anything.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987