andre001

Can i connect a hdmi(v2) device to a hdmi(v1.4) tv port ?

Yes, but you'll be limited to the feature set of HDMI 1.4.

In other words, you wont be able to get 4k resolution at anything above 30hz - so if this TV is 1080p you'll be fine. If it's 4k, you may be better off trying to hook it up using displayport, since then you should be able to get 4k60.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Can i connect a hdmi(v2) device to a hdmi(v1.4) tv port ? 

i want to buy a android box with HDMI 2.0 but i'm not sure whether i'll support my tv with HDMI 1.4

Yep, if it's 4K however your TV will only support that at 30Hz, as opposed to 60Hz.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything."

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

Posted · Best Answer

Yes, but you'll be limited to the feature set of HDMI 1.4.

In other words, you wont be able to get 4k resolution at anything above 30hz - so if this TV is 1080p you'll be fine. If it's 4k, you may be better off trying to hook it up using displayport, since then you should be able to get 4k60.