Raspberry Pi Photobooth

Judd
Go to solution Solved by Judd,

I just got it working! Turns out it REQUIRES you to have a Google Account associated with a gmail email address. However, now the touchscreen wont work. It displays the desktop but it doesn't respond to touch. So, typical Linux.l Fix one problem, find another one you never knew you had. Well, at least I learned that the seemingly un-related things may have the biggest impact. Thanks for the help. And by the way, you were right about the password, no spaces in between the 4 characters. Thanks again.

So my teacher asked me to use this set of instructions; https://makezine.com/projects/raspberry-pi-photo-booth/

to create a photo booth. Well, everything is going smoothly until step 7. When I run the terminal code, it says Google Username: so I type in the email address, then it says App specific password: so I type in the 16 digit code I got from step 5 with spaces in between the 4 letter groups. So I press enter, and it pulls up the Touch Selfie gui and then it opens up Chromium, asking for permission to access photos. When I accept, it gives me the authentication code. But back in the terminal it says something along the lines of

credentials.dat not found

enter authentication code: error, called with multiple threads in process gpu-process

error, failed to query stereo recording.

Can anybody help me with this? I really need this done by Friday and everytime it get to this step it forces me to re-format the sd card and put raspbian back on it and start over with the Pi. So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

5 hours ago, Judd said:

and then it opens up Chromium

I think that might be your problem, in the guide it says in section 2

NOTE: We’re using luakit because Raspbian’s default browser doesn’t work with Google 2-part authentication

Although you would think chromium would work with Google two part I would try running step two again being sure to follow the part at the end where you install luakit and make it your default browser carefully 

Actually having just read you post again it's more likely,

5 hours ago, Judd said:

It says Google Username: so I type in the email address, then it says App specific password: so I type in the 16 digit code I got from step 5 with spaces in between the 4 letter groups.

Don't put spaces in the password just type the 16 characters, the spaces are there to make it easy to read

@Daysy

When I type in python ./photobooth_gui.py at the very last step, it says "Directory not found. Not archiving" However I know that the directory I put in is correct.

@Judd

Could you copy paste the terminal so we can see exactly what's going on?

@Daysy

Here is the command I ran. Exactly like in the instructions; 

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd /home/pi/git/TouchSelfie/scripts
pi@raspberrypi:~/git/TouchSelfie/scripts $ python ./photobooth_gui.py
Google Username:dfhpictures
App Specific Password
Directory not found.  Not archiving
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oauth2client/_helpers.py:255: UserWarning: Cannot access ./credentials.dat: No such file or directory
  warnings.warn(_MISSING_FILE_MESSAGE.format(filename))
Enter the authentication code: Created new window in existing browser session.
4/AACMbCauyIRKUXc7EITzMGOc1e_az8yVpoxVIeX7CBg_hdeZt4OzifU
wrote /home/pi/git/TouchSelfie/scripts/openselfie.conf
sending photo by email to randomemail
Send Failed:: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials q1sm3221530ywj.45 - gsmtp')
pi@raspberrypi:~/git/TouchSelfie/scripts $ 

The red line is the authentication code I got after it opened the new chromium browser. Then I set the albumID in the TouchSelfie settings and sent a random picture to it. That is where it says sending photo by email, then it says it failed. 

Also, the first thing I think I should look at is the yellow: Directory not found. Not archiving line. Because if it cannot find that then nothing else can happen. Just my thoughts. 
Also, there was a video on the instructions and for the Google Username they put in there email address without the @gmail.com. Skip to 3:05.

But my email is not a gmail email. It doesn't end with @gmail.com. So I'm at a complete loss right now. But thanks for the help you have already given me.

I just got it working! Turns out it REQUIRES you to have a Google Account associated with a gmail email address. However, now the touchscreen wont work. It displays the desktop but it doesn't respond to touch. So, typical Linux.l Fix one problem, find another one you never knew you had. Well, at least I learned that the seemingly un-related things may have the biggest impact. Thanks for the help. And by the way, you were right about the password, no spaces in between the 4 characters. Thanks again.

On 16/04/2018 at 12:25 PM, Judd said:

Glad you figured it out!