Want to cheat at PUBG, buy a Dell

NumLock21
5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That doesn't many any sense... so when Apple sued them, it had to be in a chinese court, but when that company sued apple it was also chinese?  Shouldn't they have gone to an american court?  Just goes to show how completely broken this system is... it needs to be handled on a global level, not a country-by-country basis.

Welcome to the world of screwed up copyright, patent, trademark and multinational corporation laws xD

Yeah international law is even more messed up than local laws.

And as far as why it was in China both times, was because it was court cases specifically about the two companies in the Chinese market. I don't know all the details but international laws, especially those pertaining to China are pretty odd 

the game itself is terrible, I'm not sure if cheating would make it better or worse.

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

GROUP B - The Golden Era of Rallying :x

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1843 ($491 with sales)
  • Games owned: 129
  • Games played: 103 (79%)
  • Hours on record: 6,564.3h

What's the point of playing online if you cheat?

It's like like PUBG has some in-game currency that you can real world trade with.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

On 4/14/2018 at 1:01 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

causing this PR disaster is "doing a great job"?

There is a saying that all publicity is good publicity. Even bad publicity is good publicity. It just gets your name out there more.

While they are talking about this, they are not talking about Acer, HP, Lenovo, etc. Especially since it is just a weird PR move, not necessarily showcasing the product as bad.

Right now, I have heard of their new product, and not any of their competitors. They win.

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

There is a saying that all publicity is good publicity. Even bad publicity is good publicity. It just gets your name out there more.

While they are talking about this, they are not talking about Acer, HP, Lenovo, etc. Especially since it is just a weird PR move, not necessarily showcasing the product as bad.

Right now, I have heard of their new product, and not any of their competitors. They win.

That only works if people don't care about what they said.  To anyone who sees this as a bad thing, it is bad publicity since those people will actively avoid this brand now.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That only works if people don't care about what they said.  To anyone who sees this as a bad thing, it is bad publicity since those people will actively avoid this brand now.

Come on, are you really going to avoid Dell now because of this? Be serious. This is all just a big joke. I think it is hilarious, and I am not in favor of cheating.

Stirring up some shit is a viable marketing tactic. Just like Apple took out an ad in a newspaper "welcoming" IBM when they finally made a PC instead of mainframes (Apple was salty that they were coming into the space they popularized with the Apple I and II).

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/jobs-apple-welcome-ibm-seriously-ad.php

Just now, maartendc said:

Come on, are you really going to avoid Dell now because of this? Be serious. This is all just a big joke. I think it is hilarious, and I am not in favor of cheating.

Stirring up some shit is a viable marketing tactic. Just like Apple took out an ad in a newspaper "welcoming" IBM when they finally made a PC instead of mainframes (Apple was salty that they were coming into the space they popularized with the Apple I and II).

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/jobs-apple-welcome-ibm-seriously-ad.php

Personally, I am not and won't be in the market for a new PC for long enough that this will end up mattering, but in general, what I said was true.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 4/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, Sniperfox47 said:

Welcome to the world of screwed up copyright, patent, trademark and multinational corporation laws xD

Yeah international law is even more messed up than local laws.

And as far as why it was in China both times, was because it was court cases specifically about the two companies in the Chinese market. I don't know all the details but international laws, especially those pertaining to China are pretty odd 

Is there even such a thing as international law? I am seriously asking, I am not a lawyer or studied law.

As far as I know, laws are made by the legislative body of each country. So by politicians elected by the people of that country. That is why it makes sense that US law does not apply in China for example, because the Chinese people never elected the US politicians that made the US laws.

As far as I understand also, if you do business in a country, you must abide by that country's laws (china), even if your HQ happens to be in a different country (US).

I think this is why Apple has a hard time suing Iphone knock offs in China, because China just doesn't have the same kind of copyright and patent laws than the US does. Only when the products are actually sold in the US, the US patents apply.

2 hours ago, maartendc said:

Is there even such a thing as international law? I am seriously asking, I am not a lawyer or studied law.

As far as I know, laws are made by the legislative body of each country. So by politicians elected by the people of that country. That is why it makes sense that US law does not apply in China for example, because the Chinese people never elected the US politicians that made the US laws.

As far as I understand also, if you do business in a country, you must abide by that country's laws (china), even if your HQ happens to be in a different country (US).

I think this is why Apple has a hard time suing Iphone knock offs in China, because China just doesn't have the same kind of copyright and patent laws than the US does. Only when the products are actually sold in the US, the US patents apply.

There are international treaties, accords, and standards organized by the likes of NATO, the UN, etc.

For example a ton of countries (180) agreed to the Berne convention which is much of a "copyright law standard", and a number have also agreed to enforce DMCA despite it being American in nature.

So you're right that there is no "international law" in the sense of the Supreme Dictator of the World at the UN decreeing laws all counties must follow. But there is "international law" in the senses of "laws that are between countries" and "laws enforced on the businesses of other countries".

2 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

There are international treaties, accords, and standards organized by the likes of NATO, the UN, etc.

For example a ton of countries (180) agreed to the Berne convention which is much of a "copyright law standard", and a number have also agreed to enforce DMCA despite it being American in nature.

So you're right that there is no "international law" in the sense of the Supreme Dictator of the World at the UN decreeing laws all counties must follow. But there is "international law" in the senses of "laws that are between countries" and "laws enforced on the businesses of other countries".

I think there needs to be agreement about inventions for that reason.  If something is designed or invented, that's a product of the human race, not one country.  If someone can invent something in one country and then take it to another, duplicate it, claim it as their own, and then get away with that, then there has been a failure somewhere down the line.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:01 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

That doesn't many any sense... so when Apple sued them, it had to be in a chinese court, but when that company sued apple it was also chinese?  Shouldn't they have gone to an american court? 

It's their choice. You sue where you want the ruling to hold. If your complaint is that there are IP infringing products in the American market, you sue in US courts to have those products stopped. If you won't to stop fakes being sold in China, you sue in China. It doesn't matter where you or the other company are from. Nokia can sue Samsung in Brazil over a phone sold in the Brazilian market, for example.

On 15/04/2018 at 4:45 PM, Sniperfox47 said:

They absolutely could try. The issue is that Chinese courts have a history of:

A) not taking Copyright or Patent law seriously

B) Showing intense favoritism towards companies based in China, China oriented, or otherwise pro-China.

As an example of this look at the case of Apple suing a company in China for a design-patent infringing copy of their phone, which was near identical to the iPhone, and the the courts threw it out. And then when the company that was copying the iPhone design turned around to sue Apple for infringing on the design of their device which came out after the iPhone, the courts ruled in favor of this Chinese company, despite the lawsuit being absolutely ridiculous.

Going after a company in China about anything copyright, trademark, or patent related is a lost cause.

Get to work, PUBG.