Monitor overclocking guide - 60-80Hz

This is my overclocking guide from my experience with an AOC 2775 monitor 

First open Nvidia control panel and disable DSR in the manage 3D settings tab. I don't know why it isn't compatible, but it isn't.

Next enter the change resolution tab. If you disabled DSR it will allow you to customize. Press create custom resolution and then move up the refresh rate 1Hz at a time. I have heard this can kill your monitor, but it seems pretty safe. Keep moving it up 1Hz at a time testing every time. When you get to a refresh rate your monitor does not support, wait 20 seconds and Nvidia will automatically fix it for you. I was able to get stable on 80Hz with no issue, but 81 was out of range. Apply the changes and then make sure to change your resolution to custom, for me 1920x1080, progressive, then click refresh rate and select your overclock. Finally go to testufo.com to make sure you actually are getting the OC. The jump to 80Hz has been amazing, but make sure your GPU is up to the task.

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

-Moved to Guides and Tutorials-

From what I recall, monitor overclocking is pretty difficult. I don't know that many monitors that support it, other than some of the higher end gaming displays.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to Guides and Tutorials-

From what I recall, monitor overclocking is pretty difficult. I don't know that many monitors that support it, other than some of the higher end gaming displays.

I have a non high end gaming monitor and it works fine. Pretty sure it works with all of them with nvidia gpus

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

1 minute ago, lavablade02 said:

I have a non high end gaming monitor and it works fine. Pretty sure it works with all of them with nvidia gpus

So I could potentially take my Dell SE2717HR and my GTX 780, and take my refresh rate from stock 75 to 80-85Hz?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

So I could potentially take my Dell SE2717HR and my GTX 780, and take my refresh rate from stock 75 to 80-85Hz?

Yes. I am happy to help in any way I can.

i was trying to do the same thing with my korean monitor and i had no luck

when i got it to 120hz, it would revert back to 60hz on its own and idk why it did that but i wasn't bothered enough to try and fix that

5 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

I was able to get stable on 80Hz with no issue, but 81 was out of range.

Have you tested it to make sure it's not frame skipping?

https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Have you tested it to make sure it's not frame skipping?

https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

Yeah, I have, but this is important to the process and I forgot about it