The BEST VR Headset yet still has some MAJOR problems...

nicklmg

I'll pay for shipping send it to me instead of letting such a lovely piece of tech to rot away on a shelf. :)

On a serious note for those who wonder what the difference in quality is this video might give better in depth view as a gamer.

Untill VR headsets have a high enough PPi so seeing pixels, and jaggies are no longer a thing, and the screen door effect is completly gone.... I wont be touching VR.

It was nice to see the Rift and HTC vive, its nicer still to see HTC moving forward, and other leser companies trying their hand, it shows progress.

Alass imo it isnt the VR headset devs holding things back, its the Display manufacturers. Super high PPI OLED displays are possible, way above what even the HTC Vive Pro is sporting, and making ultra wide FoV is also possible, there just not being made.

Add onto that the ever bloating price of PC components, the high end hardware required to run such a high resolution theoretical screen would be out of reach for most people. Spending £1400-£1600 just on next gen GPU's to run 8k or higher resultion 90hz+ screens is a situation only the enthusaists will ever be delving into. From the VR dev buisness standpoint, its just not a good idea nor possible to build the VR headset we are waiting for.

So i shall wait... i may end up waiting long enough so that when the visual aspect of VR is of a good enough quality, the interaction elliment will be further along than now, perhaps to the point full body motion (walking, jumping, crawling etc) is possibe and within the average consumer budget. ..(yes thats how long i think ill be waiting... when it comes to displays ..its one of the slowest developing areas of tech atm...how long have we suffered, and continue to suffer, LCD ? :P )

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

My expected reasons for not switching are the higher resolution results in lower fps and or bad ergonomics. 

A shame. Was looking forward to the Pro.

Side-tangent question. What keyboard is plugged into the Corsair One?

keyboard.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 11:42 AM, nicklmg said:

Buy HTC Vive Pro on Amazon: http://geni.us/YXauV

Buy OG HTC Vive on Amazon: http://geni.us/EwuLcaS

Is the Vive Pro the next amazing step forward in consumer VR? Unfortunately we think not...

There's a new VR place that opened up in Vancouver that offers up to 6 player untethered coop vr experiences. Ive never played VR WITH others in the same playing field, its like night and day from the single player. They told me they use the htc vive pro because none of the other brands / models could offer the visual quality. As for the other short falls with the vive pro, seems they have incorporated motion capture technologies to locate and render the players in the virtual world.   

While i want to invest in a vr setup, i think for a good experience, even with the original vive, plus accessories, computer and then cost of the games it's too pricy at the moment. Ill resort to just playing occasionally at these vr arcades.