HUGE Waterproof & Dustproof Case - WHO NEEDS THIS??

if i would hit my pc with water id just rma, not a guy who would notice it after my cleaning with alcohol

(◑‿◐)

I’d like to do another year of the airflow testing to see if this has any effect on the dustproof properties.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Why wouldn't you spray down your PC. That is the 2018 way of watercooling.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

@3:50 but Linus, the flu is a virus! You still have to worry about your PC catching a virus!

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

13 minutes ago, Paxavoid said:

But can it do this?

Do this.jpg

Only 399! Italian Leather!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

That dust test was extremely disappointing. Why even bother with a hepa filter when such large chucks of dust get sucked in through unsealed gaps? You'd get better results with a regular case with a mesh filter and using some gaffer tape to seal any gaps.

Can we get the thermals and maybe a noise in dB so it can be compared to other cases asking mostly if you still have the data

The whole waterproof thing I really don't care about.    
But having a case that's functionally dust proof?

Holy shit I'd actually want that right now. Anything like that exists?

That's not too dissimilar to the idea behind the case I'm currently building (although I didn't design it to be water resistant and it will be a lot roomier inside). It will initially use a 10" x 20" furnace/AC filter although I'll eventually make a washable, pleated filter using a nylon mesh similar to DEMCIFilter's mesh. It will have eight 120mm intake fans to make up for the air flow resistance of the intake filter.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

18 minutes ago, Skinkeminsteren said:

The whole waterproof thing I really don't care about.    
But having a case that's functionally dust proof?

Holy shit I'd actually want that right now. Anything like that exists?

Full loop watercooling with an external rad and passively cooled PSU. You'll get dust on the rad and fans but that's easy enough to clean, and you could always stick a decent filter on the fans. Or, since it's external you could go way oversized and passively cool it.

I hope they target this thing at commercial users. Things like car repair shops, CNC operators etc Maybe even mission critical control computer systems

Can't really see the appeal for a home user. 

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Silverstone cases on Amazon: http://geni.us/sCnUhV

Why on earth would you ever need to spray your PC case down with water? BECAUSE YOU CAN!

I may, if I move into a house boat! :D

Just now, Sacredsock said:

I hope they target this thing at commercial users. Things like car repair shops, CNC operators etc Maybe even mission critical control computer systems

Can't really see the appeal for a home user. 

You would if you lived in a location as dusty as where I live (AZ desert). If I could sell the stuff that collects in my house, I would be rich!

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

10 minutes ago, The Ran said:

Full loop watercooling with an external rad and passively cooled PSU. You'll get dust on the rad and fans but that's easy enough to clean, and you could always stick a decent filter on the fans. Or, since it's external you could go way oversized and passively cool it.

Wouldn't dust passively find its way into the case, even though I'm not actively sucking in air?
Couldn't you like buy HEPA filters and stick them in front of all your fans

13 minutes ago, Skinkeminsteren said:

Wouldn't dust passively find its way into the case, even though I'm not actively sucking in air?

Well if you've got no need for air to flow into the case you can completely seal it. You could rig a proper filter to a standard case and as long as every other gap is sealed it'll keep out the dust, but the filters aren't as easy to clean as your typical mesh one.

26 minutes ago, Skinkeminsteren said:

Dust won't passively seep into a case unless you have some huge openings, especially on top, such as top fan openings. If a case has negative air pressure inside, then air that seeps in through the cracks will carry some dust with it. While sealing the cracks will help prevent dust intrusion, maintaining positive air pressure inside the case will do a better job. Achieving positive air pressure in a case is as simple as having slightly more air flowing into the case than flow out.

Any filter will create an airflow restriction, which will increase as the filter collects dust. HEPA filters create far more airflow restriction initially and will become more restrictive more quickly since it will catch more dust. You have to have more powerful fans to overcome those restrictions. If you just slap a HEPA filter in front of your existing intake fans, you will not get adequate airflow through the filter to properly cool the rig. If you also have exhaust fans, you will probably have negative case air pressure and will wind up with dust getting in through the cracks (and most commercial cases are air sieves), bypassing the filter. You would have to increase the surface of the air filter, the number of intakes fans, the quality of the fans, the speed of the fans, the size of the fans, or a combination of these to get enough air flowing through the filter to keep the case cool.

Jeannie

This actually would be great for a wood shop or any work shop (responding I wouldn't use it an wood shop or something - paraphrasing) 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

11 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Silverstone cases on Amazon: http://geni.us/sCnUhV

Why on earth would you ever need to spray your PC case down with water? BECAUSE YOU CAN!

I'm going to bookmark this page, just in case I want to buy this later. /laughs uncontrollably as if telling BestJokeEver™ :D 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 hours ago, kirashi said:

I'm going to bookmark this page, just in case I want to buy this later. /laughs uncontrollably as if telling BestJokeEver™ :D 

This forum needs a groan button.

Jeannie

Well, I've worked in a furniture factory and take a look at the picture attached... This was the PC from the CNC machine. The use of regular computers in production line was a problem. We've used thin client computer from NComputing to that extreme dusty environment to surpass this ( https://www.ncomputing.com/products/L-series/L300 ). This dustproof case would be great for such scenarios.

PCCNC.jpg

• 1 year later...

Would you consider making an outdoor patio gaming rig with this case.  Use one of those nifty weatherproof sunlight viewable TV/Monitor's, and equally qualified peripherals.