Will there be another titan? But for gaming

FireofDestruction

If Nvidia launches new cards around computex time do you think there will be a new titan for gaming not AI and deep learning? Asking because Im not sure to buy 2 titan Xp's or to wait until well hopefully computex...as for price to performace I really dont care.

titan wasn't really for gaming in the first place..

just the best gaming card for 'consumer' 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

titan wasn't really for gaming in the first place..

just the best gaming card for 'consumer' 

True but the titan has always been the best of the best card for the consumer at least from nvidia

Depends on where NVidia wants to go in terms of their market for the cards.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I very much doubt that this would be the case. They made such a clear statement with the Titan V that, if they want a higher card in the line up, it wouldn't be branded titan. (I think).

As for the "Buy now or wait for new products", the internet is saturated with this question. Usually, the answer is along the lines of "Don't wait too long". 

19 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

True but the titan has always been the best of the best card for the consumer at least from nvidia

i highly doubt it. the latest Titan doesn't even have the GeForce branding anymore, so it's quite the definite step away from Nvidia's gaming line of products.

28 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

Yeah, so just like the titan V the next titan will also be overpriced and be the top performing GPU in the world.

Just like literally every other previous titan.

The "titan for gaming" is called the 1080ti.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The "titan for gaming" is called the 1080ti.

But some of those are retailing for MORE than a titan, even if prices have started coming down still seeing $1300 1080TI's or just slightly less than the msrp of the titan at like $1150 :/ as GN put it Damn miners 

You miss the point. nVidia will never market the Titan as a "Gaming" card.

Your question of "another Titan. But for gaming." Will never happen.

Yes they will make a Titan.

Yes you can game on it.

No, they won't make a "GTX Titan Gaming."

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

They are all for gaming. The V wasn't made for it but still does it just fine.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

16 hours ago, daimonie said:

Usually, the answer is along the lines of "Don't wait too long". 

My opinion is to wait as long as you can possibly stand it, and then just go ahead and buy an EVGA card. Chances are if you wait a little while, you'll still be within your 90-day Step-Up limitations to get an 1180/2080.

I found it interesting that a card targeted toward deep learning and AI not gaming had a Star Wars collector's edition... How come NVIDIA didn't choose 1080ti and maybe bundle it with a Star Wars game? Doesn't seem to matter too much as NVIDIA has shown "SOLD OUT" for both cards for a long time so people must have bought them.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Under what circumstances would you need more than the Titan V? Unless of course you're doing some sort of crazy experiment? You could put 4 Titan Vs in a system and there you go, an invincible gaming setup.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

1 hour ago, asand1 said:

You miss the point. nVidia will never market the Titan as a "Gaming" card.

Titan Xp was very much marketed as a gaming card.

Two links here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/titan/titan-xp/

You will see a huge "GAMING" just between "Up to 3x Performance" and "Next-Gen VR Experience"

Furthermore, go here:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

And then see the main tab "Platforms" -> "Geforce Gaming" and wow, look at that, is that the Titan Xp Star Wars Edition I'm seeing there? ;-)

Titan V is truly free of any gaming association but I think that will not stop them from making "regular" Titans that will fully embrace the gaming brand. They might cut some compute power in areas irrelevant to gaming and boost it's gaming performance by another 10-15% and voila. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

On 4/13/2018 at 12:47 AM, Razor Blade said:

I found it interesting that a card targeted toward deep learning and AI not gaming had a Star Wars collector's edition... How come NVIDIA didn't choose 1080ti and maybe bundle it with a Star Wars game? Doesn't seem to matter too much as NVIDIA has shown "SOLD OUT" for both cards for a long time so people must have bought them.

With the previous generation Titans, they did still market to gamers, yes. And, consider that this was already an existing consumer group.

With the Titan V, they don't market to gamers. They explicitly said "not for gaming" at launch etc. So in the future, there won't be an existing consumer group to market a collector's card to.