Jurassic Park AR Game

Jtalk4456

the link is a month old, but I just heard about it and it looks amazing

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/06/ludia-unveils-jurassic-world-alive-mobile-game/

The game taps the same kind of location-based technology popularized in games like Niantic’s Pokemon Go, which has generated more than $1 billion in revenues.

Players will use both location-based tech and augmented reality to interact with virtual dinosaurs in the real world. The game is the third in a series of collaborations between Ludia and Universal with the Jurassic World franchise.

ludia-jurassic.jpg?resize=600%2C896&strip=all

It's basically going to be pokemon go with dinosaurs, but also it fixes some of the major issues with pokemon go

Pokestops in graveyards? No stops in this game, no pokeballs, just fly around and gather dinosaur dna to make your own

I've caught them all, now what? Create your own! Bored now? Fight dinosaurs in AR with your friends or random strangers wearing a trex tshirt

“With Jurassic World Alive, our goal is for audiences to be fully immersed into a world with living dinosaurs in a way that’s never been possible until today,” said Alex Thabet, President and CEO of Ludia, in a statement. “We’re giving them the opportunity to explore and connect with like-minded players while building and interacting with these powerful prehistoric species.”

The game will leverage the latest in AR technology, allowing players to pose and take pictures and videos with dinosaurs they’ve collected during gameplay. Players discover dinosaurs by locating them on a map and deploying an in-game drone to collect DNA samples.

This gives the player the ability to level up and create genetically modified dinosaurs in a lab and then compete in real-time player-versus-player arena battles to earn more rewards.

it's perfect!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Please edit your post to match Tech News posting guidelines or it may be moved out of Tech News.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-posting-guidelines-read-before-posting/

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

sorry forgot to quote, edited!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I want to be the very best... The best there.. Oh, wait. wrong game. Not big into the AR thing, but would be cool for my kid if they actually made this educational instead of PvP and such.

The only Jurassic Park game I'm looking forward to is Jurassic World Evolution: http://store.steampowered.com/app/648350/Jurassic_World_Evolution/