Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Rollout delayed possibly by several weeks due to major bug

AlTech
2 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

There are some pretty blatant anti Microsoft statements, and I get it. There are issues.. however, Windows does have the problem of having to run on a nearly infinite combination of hardware, unlike Apple OSx. Since they cannot strictly control the hardware environment like Apple, there will most likely always be bugs. Different hardware combinations, metric ass Tom of different driver combinations... Windows cannot work perfectly on everything since it constantly had to support legacy hardware.

They get hate if there is a bug or flaw, then still get hated on for fixing it. It's almost as AMD/Intel or Radeon/Nvidia flame wars.

I don't think that argument holds up when you look at FreeBSD (which MacOS is based on) and GNU/Linux.

The amount of hardware Windows supports is actually pretty small in comparison, and that's with the massive amount of help Microsoft gets from other developers, making their products work on Windows.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I don't think that argument holds up when you look at FreeBSD (which MacOS is based on) and GNU/Linux.

The amount of hardware Windows supports is actually pretty small in comparison, and that's with the massive amount of help Microsoft gets from other developers, making their products work on Windows.

FreeBSD and Linux run on greater variety for hardware, but I wouldn't say that they support more on a per distro/derivative level. There are some hardware combinations out there that Unix/Linux will run on, but shouldn't be ran on.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Also, having an open source platform does great for community support. Generally, I think those tend to be a bit more secure and durable because of the input from the community. Something you don't get with a proprietary OS.

Man, if only Microsoft didn't fire their entire QA team in favor of thousands of unpaid, outsourced testers, right? 9_9

On 4/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, NumLock21 said:

Some say the bug was windows blocking itself, with an error message saying "Windows has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware."

I don't think that's it.  One of our diagnostic computers at work is running the 32-bit Windows 10 build 1709 (not on the insider program), and it was getting that same error message.