Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Rollout delayed possibly by several weeks due to major bug

AlTech

So what is this major bug. Would like to know more about it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

"A bug so serious it will exfiltrate all your files, browsing and typing history as well as other personally identifiable information to Microsoft to be later sold to the highest bidder."

/s xD

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

This big is so serious, that we must act now to save or women and children.

The only good bug, is a dead bug.

starship-troopers-wyltkm.jpg

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Something tells me you can't. I'm guessing you can't skip major updates when installing new ones.

No, you can.  I've done it before.  I only qualified my statement, because I don't know if there's anything about this specific update that would prevent that.

17 hours ago, BuckGup said:

On a side note do you know if you can update windows to skip a version?

yes, if you have win10 pro or higher you can enable the option of only getting final-final builds. I got the march 2017 update only 6 months later when it fully patched.

wind10-.png.5194c0a8155b300d9067f2d2480bd189.png

in theory it's mainly for workplaces where you need stability, but hey, you won't get bugged system updates for a long time.

Windows 10 is a major bug.

Will take Microc*cks years to fix it. For some weird reason, major bugs are just left there for months (memory leaks, restarts after shutting down, stability issues on basic software such as word (yes, bugs in a 20 years old program....), etc)

Valve, plz fix. Oh, wrong company. Micro-something, plz fix. Thanks.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

The official release date was supposed to be April 10th 2018 according to sources who talked to Windows Central.

That is not official. When you'll get a press release on Microsoft.com, about the update and release date, now it is official.

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That is not official. When you'll get a press release on Microsoft.com, about the update and release date, now it is official.

C'mon, that's BS and you know it. They don't publish that info till the moment it's available and the update was pulled at the last minute. Do you really want to argue semantics?

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Something tells me you can't. I'm guessing you can't skip major updates when installing new ones.

I have skipped a major update by using the media creation tool instead of Windows update. Also creating a bootable USB or DVD with the latest version of Windows 10 should also work.

27 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

C'mon, that's BS and you know it. They don't publish that info till the moment it's available and the update was pulled at the last minute. Do you really want to argue semantics?

So then you wait for the surprise. If you want to guess and speculates dates, no problem. But things aren't delay if they have no dates.

Microsoft is still delivering updates to Insiders. Last one was the 10th, with the following fixes:

• Addresses a PDF security issue in Microsoft Edge.
  • Addresses an issue that, in some instances, prevents Internet Explorer from identifying custom controls.
  • Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows kernel, Microsoft graphics component, Windows Server, Windows cryptography, and Windows datacenter networking.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17133-for-fast/#bVEuwLdHoOKhJ7h7.97

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

So then you wait for the surprise. If you want to guess and speculates dates, no problem. But things aren't delay if they have no dates.

Microsoft is still delivering updates to Insiders. Last one was the 10th, with the following fixes:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17133-for-fast/#bVEuwLdHoOKhJ7h7.97

It's pretty clear given the timeline and insider build releases that it was meant to launch at the 10th. I'm not sure exactly why you pick this battle. It's not like you gain something by doing damage control. It's commendable to not release broken updates. We've had enough of those from both Microsoft, Apple, Google and others. But it's a bit funny that they keep it quiet. They'll probably launch it on the 24th like nothing happened.

2 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It's pretty clear given the timeline and insider build releases that it was meant to launch at the 10th. I'm not sure exactly why you pick this battle. It's not like you gain something by doing damage control. It's commendable to not release broken updates. We've had enough of those from both Microsoft, Apple, Google and others. But it's a bit funny that they keep it quiet. They'll probably launch it on the 24th like nothing happened.

You are the one picking the fight, I was just noting the fact of things

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

You are the one picking the fight, I was just noting the fact of things

Sure, because it's getting a bit ridiculous that you go into semantics for no reason.

Even sources close to MS (including people who work there leaking information) have said that there was a last minute bug but let's just ignore that. The release is therefore on indefinite hiatus because the official PR apparatus has not said anything.

3 hours ago, Trixanity said:

That date was from sources who talked to Windows Central, the publication. It wasn't a date that was announced to the public. Insider information is internal information, not to be confused with publically available information. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

That date was from sources who talked to Windows Central, the publication. It wasn't a date that was announced to the public. Insider information is internal information, not to be confused with publically available information. 

Certainly but private information is not necessarily wrong. They don't tell you everything unless it has a marketable purpose. And that's precisely why they don't announce launch dates when stuff like this happens. It would be a public embarrassment if they had announced the 10th before pulling it. Now they get to spin it as if there never was a bug blocking release.

There are some pretty blatant anti Microsoft statements, and I get it. There are issues.. however, Windows does have the problem of having to run on a nearly infinite combination of hardware, unlike Apple OSx. Since they cannot strictly control the hardware environment like Apple, there will most likely always be bugs. Different hardware combinations, metric ass Tom of different driver combinations... Windows cannot work perfectly on everything since it constantly had to support legacy hardware.

They get hate if there is a bug or flaw, then still get hated on for fixing it. It's almost as AMD/Intel or Radeon/Nvidia flame wars.

Can't be a bug when it's not discovered. So someone has discovered it for MS to delay this update. I wonder why they won't say what it is. Did some digging on reddit, not the best place for it. Some say the bug was windows blocking itself, with an error message saying "Windows has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware.". This can't be the bug because my FireFox one time got the same error message saying "FireFox has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware". It was caused by one of my open tabs and I'm on Win10 build 1709.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Can't be a bug when it's not discovered. So someone has discovered it for MS to delay this update. I wonder why they won't say what it is.

We will know when they'll release a new build or update to the current build. That is how it usually goes. They might not explain the details, but we will get a general idea.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

You'll know when they'll release a new build or update to the current build. That is how it usually goes.

What do you mean by that? I know when they will release a new build, windows update usually says it. For me I just upgrade with the Media Creation Tool, a lot more stable and I have 3 systems that running on Win10, so I don't want to waste time downloading the same thing, with my snail's pace internet.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

What do you mean by that? I know when they will release a new build, windows update usually says it. For me I just upgrade with the Media Creation Tool, a lot more stable and I have 3 systems that running on Win10, so I don't want to waste time downloading the same thing, with my snail's pace internet.

See my updated post

Usually, Microsoft tend to talk about what has been fixed, after the problem has been fixed. So for example, if there is a new build, in the Insider blog post, they'll say "Here is what is fixed:", and they'll say what has been fixed. If it is a security update, they most likely not share the details, but say: "Fixed a security issue in Edge when opening PDFs with it", or something like that.

Well, at least they caught it. I'd much rather they take their time and maybe fix some of the OTHER problems with the system while they're at it, I don't think anyone is in a hurry to get the latest windows 10 feature update.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

See my updated post

Usually, Microsoft tend to talk about what has been fixed, after the problem has been fixed. So for example, if there is a new build, in the Insider blog post, they'll say "Here is what is fixed:", and they'll say what has been fixed. If it is a security update, they most likely not share the details, but say: "Fixed a security issue in Edge when opening PDFs with it", or something like that.

The problem is most don't know that the original bug was, so to list what has been fixed doesn't really say much.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The problem is most don't know that the original bug was, so to list what has been fixed doesn't really say much.

?! If you are an Insider, you should be tech savvy enough to use the Feedback hub to know about new released logs, and/or follow some kind of place that talks about new releases of Insider builds and updates, which are based on the blog posts from Microsoft:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/tag/windows-insider-program/

Unofficial releases of Windows does not concern the wide public.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

?! If you are an Insider, you should be tech savvy enough to use the Feedback hub to know about new released logs, and/or follow some kind of place that talks about new releases of Insider builds and updates, which are based on the blog posts from Microsoft:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/tag/windows-insider-program/

Unofficial releases of Windows does not concern the wide public.

I was one a long time ago during the early builds of Win10. Anyway I was just curious as to what king of major bug would cause MS to delay it.

I assume the KB patch have something to do with it?

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17133-for-fast/

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I was one a long time ago during the early builds of Win10. Anyway I was just curious as to what king of major bug would cause MS to delay it.\

Ah ok.

Maybe. We will know next week (usually they keep 1 week between builds for Fast Ring, so we will know if there is a new build coming up or not, and from there we may get information... or it will get officially released, which would mean that yes, those were the blocking bugs)