which way is the right way?

im getting my h115i pro corsair aio.l today. and i wanna know which way is the correct way to install the fans? first one  or the second one?

3BFFCDA2-EE78-41CD-AF3E-2DE6A9CAEE70.jpeg

E9D7960E-57D6-4558-B6DE-D18AD2CBBE4B.jpeg

Doens't really matter. You can research it yourself. It's called push and pull and is heavily debated which is the correct method to use.

LTT Vid about it.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Depends on where you put it. 

First blows through rad, second pulls through rad. 

Edit:

Imho, if Rad is in the top of the case, blow air out (unlike second Pic), if it's in front, pull air in. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

9 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Depends on where you put it. 

First blows through rad, second pulls through rad. 

Edit:

Imho, if Rad is in the top of the case, blow air out (unlike second Pic), if it's in front, pull air in. 

Well, he could pull or push air out of his case, depending on which side of the AIO he places the fans :P

whether you want to configure it as intake or exhaust depends on your case fan configuration. Intake results in better cooling results, since cooler air is used (in contrast to using the warmer air from inside the case, but it requires you to have other exhaust fans.

Whether push or pull is better has already been answered.

I'd go for pull and exhaust, since it means that the underside of the radiator is accessible and visible from the inside. Allows for easy cleaning of any accumulating dust. And I personally like the aesthetic of the visible metal :P

edit: I assumed top-mounting.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

13 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

im getting my h115i pro corsair aio.l today. and i wanna know which way is the correct way to install the fans? first one  or the second one?

3BFFCDA2-EE78-41CD-AF3E-2DE6A9CAEE70.jpeg

E9D7960E-57D6-4558-B6DE-D18AD2CBBE4B.jpeg

Please, for the love of god, do not do whats in the bottom picture.  They have it set up to pull air in from the top of the case.  This is a bad idea.  Top mounted radiators like this should always be set up to push air out the top, not suck it in.  Heat naturally rises, so having cool air sucked in "against the current" so to speak, creates a pocket of stagnant air inside your case.

4 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

Please, for the love of god, do not do whats in the bottom picture.  They have it set up to pull air in from the top of the case.  This is a bad idea.  Top mounted radiators like this should always be set up to push air out the top, not suck it in.  Heat naturally rises, so having cool air sucked in "against the current" so to speak, creates a pocket of stagnant air inside your case.

The rear exhaust would take care of that. Still, I see no reason to do it.

I think you all gave OP the right answer anyway: the correct placement depends on what you intend to achieve.

Personally, I always set any radiator as an exhaust, wherever it may be. I just see liquid cooling as a way to take heat dissipation closer to the outside (compared to a heatsink right on the CPU). The next logical step to me is to just blow it outside. I set for intakes elsewhere, accordingly (even without them, the worst that could happen is that you get more dust in).

8 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

Heated air doesn't rise.
Heated air expands and the easiest direction to usually take is upwards. 

Anyway, we are talking about such a small difference in temperatures that it doesn't matter.
What is way more important is the collection of dust and where the dust filters are located.

If there is a dust filter in the top, the orientation shown in the second picture is fine.

It can even lead to a lower dust build up, because of the additional positive air pressure in the case.

5 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Heated air doesn't rise.
Heated air expands and the easiest direction to usually take is upwards. 

Anyway, we are talking about such a small difference in temperatures that it doesn't matter.
What is way more important is the collection of dust and where the dust filters are located.

If there is a dust filter in the top, the orientation shown in the second picture is fine.

It can even lead to a lower dust build up, because of the additional positive air pressure in the case.

Yea, but it's not just about temps with that. It's that if you mount the fans facing down at the top, you're creating turbulence, bringing any dust that settles at the top down into the case and not doing anything to help your airflow which will cause dust to build in certain areas at the end of the day. You want your airflow to stick to it's direction. Intakes in the front, output on the top and back of the case.

Temp wise, it doesnt really matter.... unless you have many rads in the case. In which case you have to start thinking about recirculation of warm air.

its more a Dust/cleaning, and asthetics choice.

Asuming we're talking top mount which is usualy exhaust.

Pull, with the fans hidden by the rad, will allow you to clean the dust from the rad easy, but cleaning the fans themselves harder.

Push, with the fans on display, will allow the fans to be cleaned easy but the rad harder.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |