FTC Says 'Warranty Void If Removed' Stickers Are Bullshit, Warns Manufacturers They're Breaking the Law

SteveGrabowski0
4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

in the EU as long as the manufacturer specifications are met the warranty stands even if you go to a 3rd party for the schedule maintenance. Like we talked before it's a pain for the manufacturer to see if all the parts and work were up to the standards, but it's their job if they want to deny warranty. It didn't made sense you could only do it in their shops as they would have a monopoly and hike the prices, a bit like the iphone replacement batteries.

The difference being that with cars the work has to be done by a qualified mechanic.  The equivalent for phones would be apple not being allowed to refuse the warranty if the screen was replaced by a suitably qualified technician (i.e someone with a recognized education).  I see no problem with that.  I do see problem with forcing manufacturers to honor warranty after any joe blow has messed with it and any number of issues could have resulted.  That, as I said before is forcing manufacturers to warrant the work of someone else.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.